Today I got 2 mophie cases from eBay. Mophie Juice Air 100%.

1 from China. WHITE.
    1 from USA. BLACK.

The white, came from China, looks bad. But the Black, came from USA, from a guy who is selling a lot of this cases, and there's 1 buyer who left him negative feedback saying is fake. But its 1 in 50. He sent me an email that he received from mophie saying is fake...

I would like some opinion. The case is charging for the first time, so I would test if it charges 100% my iPhone 5.

Mophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto1.pngMophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto2.jpegMophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto3.jpegMophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto4.jpegMophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto5.pngMophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto6.pngMophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto7.jpegMophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto8.jpegClick image for larger version. 

Name:	foto8.jpeg 
Views:	199 
Size:	490.6 KB 
ID:	33482Mophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto9.jpegMophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto10.jpegMophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto11.jpegMophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto13.jpegMophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto14.pngMophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?-foto15.png
    07-02-2013 10:24 AM
    It may be helpful if you'd contact the Mophie company about this. You can find their information on their website.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    07-02-2013 10:49 AM
    Thanks JustMe'D, I was hope someone has an official bought directly from website or something... To compare
    07-02-2013 01:03 PM
    Mophie answered my email.
    Both cases are FAKE.
    BEWARE: EBAY...............................
    If you want a mophie case, buy in a store ( and always send an email to mophie with a picture of the stamp stick in the case )
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    07-04-2013 06:41 AM
    Thanks for the update......Take care.
    07-04-2013 09:14 AM
    So here is a good place to ask. If the price is lower, is it still worth it? What I mean is, will this harm the iPhone in any way? It automatically steps down the voltage so in theory there should be no harm to the phone.

I do understand that it sucks buying a knockoff, but if going in you know it is a knockoff and only pay $20 vs $99, as long as it doesn't harm the phone, what's the harm if you still have a functioning battery case?

OP, I would be mad in your instance, just wondering if the price is low enough would you buy again?

Thanks.
    07-06-2013 11:43 AM
    The best way to ensure you're getting a real case, whether its Otterbox, Morphie, whatever, is to order from official retailers ONLY. This means Apple, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, cellular carrier stores.

Anytime you but from Amazon, EBay, that kiosk in the mall, you're probably getting a 100% fake version of what you really want. And that's bad. Those fake products don't offer the same features or level of protection that the real ones do. I know I would rather spend the full $50-100 for a real case from an authorized retailer than have a $20 case not function and destroy my $600 phone.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    kilcher likes this.
    07-06-2013 11:56 AM
    And as the old adage goes, "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is". Most of the time, you get exactly what you pay for.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 07-06-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    jclisenby and Jrome.brooks like this.
    07-06-2013 12:42 PM
    The best way to ensure you're getting a real case, whether its Otterbox, Morphie, whatever, is to order from official retailers ONLY. This means Apple, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, cellular carrier stores.

Anytime you but from Amazon, EBay, that kiosk in the mall, you're probably getting a 100% fake version of what you really want. And that's bad. Those fake products don't offer the same features or level of protection that the real ones do. I know I would rather spend the full $50-100 for a real case from an authorized retailer than have a $20 case not function and destroy my $600 phone.

Understand and agree. However, my question is will it hurt the phone? I am only curious, not planning on buying, I am asking BC the phone will accept multiple AC and DC voltages and step it down so it doesn't hurt it, so shouldn't it do the same with some cheap knockoff battery?

Not getting into the fake vs real, just asking a technical question.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-06-2013 11:55 PM
    Understand and agree. However, my question is will it hurt the phone? I am only curious, not planning on buying, I am asking BC the phone will accept multiple AC and DC voltages and step it down so it doesn't hurt it, so shouldn't it do the same with some cheap knockoff battery?

Not getting into the fake vs real, just asking a technical question.

We really can't tell you one way or the other. You'll just have to give it a try and see what happens. I would think that the iPhone would be able to handle it, but I can't guarantee it. Just charge it up and give it a try.
    07-07-2013 06:11 AM
    We really can't tell you one way or the other. You'll just have to give it a try and see what happens. I would think that the iPhone would be able to handle it, but I can't guarantee it. Just charge it up and give it a try.
    I gotcha. I don't have one, was just wondering. I know it is a rip off and you are getting a lesser product, I just don't think it can harm your phone. Kind of like all this eBay SD card rip off when they advertise the wrong speed or capacity, it is a scam and not right but it is still a working SD card.

07-07-2013 08:43 AM
    I gotcha. I don't have one, was just wondering. I know it is a rip off and you are getting a lesser product, I just don't think it can harm your phone. Kind of like all this eBay SD card rip off when they advertise the wrong speed or capacity, it is a scam and not right but it is still a working SD card.

Speaking on the fake Morphies, there is a small chance they can hurt the phone, but not much. It would have to be a really powerful charge to damage your phone.

On the subject of fake Otterboxes and Lifeproofs, yes they do harm your phone. I know many people who have bought the fake ones and then either dropped the Otterbox or put the Lifeproof in water. In both cases, the phone is either shattered or destroyed.

Always buy genuine products if you want the correct function!

Jrome.brooks likes this.
    07-07-2013 09:02 AM
    It doesnt worth. The cases costed 60 USD.
    I bought as original.
    And the original juice AIR charges 100% the iphone 5, this one charged 60% or less.
    07-08-2013 06:32 AM

My friend Jon came from Canada and I asked him to bring me an official case from apple store. And now I can see the difference. The official has an incomparable quality! People, use stores for this products. If someone needs help with fake/official cases, just say. I can upload detailed pictures of both. On this picture the official has the receipt inside(you can see a white paper)
    08-18-2013 06:51 PM
    I do own a red Mophie Air for my i5 that is real. After reading this thread, I went to eBay and looked up Mophie 5. Most to me on eBay look like knock offs. All I say is you will get what you pay for on eBay. If you want authentic, don't be cheap and but it from a real retailer like Best Buy, At&t, or Mophie site itself.
    Last edited by Garz; 08-18-2013 at 11:42 PM. Reason: bad spelling
    08-18-2013 07:13 PM
    Hi Garz thanks for your feedback. You use the case a lot? I will try first time tomorrow. Do you turn it ON when the iPhone battery goes 10%? It charges until 100%?
    08-18-2013 07:24 PM
    Hi Garz thanks for your feedback. You use the case a lot? I will try first time tomorrow. Do you turn it ON when the iPhone battery goes 10%? It charges until 100%?
    It will if your phone is not being used. It will charge it 100%. But if your using the phone a ton while charging, it wont make it back to 100% from 10%. I do typically charge the phone once I get to 20%. I do love the case. I wouldn't go without owning one.
    Fausty82 and fabio984 like this.
    08-18-2013 11:41 PM
    It will if your phone is not being used. It will charge it 100%. But if your suing the phone a ton while charging, it wont make it back to 100% from 10%. I do typically charge thew phone once I get to 20%. I do love the case. I wouldn't go without owning one.
    I love mine, too... I don’t have to use it a lot - probably 2-3 days a week... but it’s a great battery insurance policy!
    08-18-2013 11:47 PM
    I love mine, too... I don’t have to use it a lot - probably 2-3 days a week... but it’s a great battery insurance policy!
    Yeah I don't need it everyday either. Maybe twice a week but it is awesome to have when you are in need of a charge and you are on the go.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    08-18-2013 11:51 PM
    Yesterday I used the case for the first time and the phone and the case both got so heat!? Did this happened to you?
    08-21-2013 03:53 AM
    Probably already mentioned but most Mophie cases on Amazon are fakes also. Just read the comments and compare the ratings to somewhere like bestbuy.com.

Just like w/ some of the more expensive cases, if it's cheap it's probably fake.
    08-21-2013 12:34 PM
    Yesterday I used the case for the first time and the phone and the case both got so heat!? Did this happened to you?
    Mine got warm when I use to use it.
    fabio984 likes this.
    08-22-2013 02:52 AM
    What about other brands on Amazon? They have other brands selling for $19.99 and the several reviews are pretty good. Anyone use other brands?
    09-24-2013 04:54 PM
    What about other brands on Amazon? They have other brands selling for $19.99 and the several reviews are pretty good. Anyone use other brands?
    You must see if they are apple certified, otherwise everytime you plug you'll see an error message.
    I wouldn't change my mophie official for nothing:
    mophie juice pack air iPhone 5 Extended Battery Case
    11-01-2013 12:56 PM
    Is it mophie compatible iphone5 with new ios 7.1.2 ?? Bcoz i heard that mophie do not compatible. Could you explain..
    08-10-2014 10:02 PM
28 12