Mophie juice AIR iphone 5 OFFICIAL OR FAKE ?

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Today I got 2 mophie cases from eBay. Mophie Juice Air 100%.

1 from China. WHITE.
1 from USA. BLACK.

The white, came from China, looks bad. But the Black, came from USA, from a guy who is selling a lot of this cases, and there's 1 buyer who left him negative feedback saying is fake. But its 1 in 50. He sent me an email that he received from mophie saying is fake...

I would like some opinion. The case is charging for the first time, so I would test if it charges 100% my iPhone 5.

foto1.pngfoto2.jpegfoto3.jpegfoto4.jpegfoto5.pngfoto6.pngfoto7.jpegfoto8.jpegfoto8.jpegfoto9.jpegfoto10.jpegfoto11.jpegFOTO13.jpegFOTO14.pngFOTO15.png

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It may be helpful if you'd contact the Mophie company about this. You can find their information on their website.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks JustMe'D, I was hope someone has an official bought directly from website or something... To compare :)

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Mophie answered my email.
Both cases are FAKE.
BEWARE: EBAY...............................
If you want a mophie case, buy in a store ( and always send an email to mophie with a picture of the stamp stick in the case )

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
So here is a good place to ask. If the price is lower, is it still worth it? What I mean is, will this harm the iPhone in any way? It automatically steps down the voltage so in theory there should be no harm to the phone.

I do understand that it sucks buying a knockoff, but if going in you know it is a knockoff and only pay $20 vs $99, as long as it doesn't harm the phone, what's the harm if you still have a functioning battery case?

OP, I would be mad in your instance, just wondering if the price is low enough would you buy again?

Thanks.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The best way to ensure you're getting a real case, whether its Otterbox, Morphie, whatever, is to order from official retailers ONLY. This means Apple, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, cellular carrier stores.

Anytime you but from Amazon, EBay, that kiosk in the mall, you're probably getting a 100% fake version of what you really want. And that's bad. Those fake products don't offer the same features or level of protection that the real ones do. I know I would rather spend the full $50-100 for a real case from an authorized retailer than have a $20 case not function and destroy my $600 phone.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
And as the old adage goes, "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is". Most of the time, you get exactly what you pay for.

Last edited:

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
The best way to ensure you're getting a real case, whether its Otterbox, Morphie, whatever, is to order from official retailers ONLY. This means Apple, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, cellular carrier stores.

Anytime you but from Amazon, EBay, that kiosk in the mall, you're probably getting a 100% fake version of what you really want. And that's bad. Those fake products don't offer the same features or level of protection that the real ones do. I know I would rather spend the full $50-100 for a real case from an authorized retailer than have a $20 case not function and destroy my $600 phone.

Understand and agree. However, my question is will it hurt the phone? I am only curious, not planning on buying, I am asking BC the phone will accept multiple AC and DC voltages and step it down so it doesn't hurt it, so shouldn't it do the same with some cheap knockoff battery?

Not getting into the fake vs real, just asking a technical question.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Understand and agree. However, my question is will it hurt the phone? I am only curious, not planning on buying, I am asking BC the phone will accept multiple AC and DC voltages and step it down so it doesn't hurt it, so shouldn't it do the same with some cheap knockoff battery?

Not getting into the fake vs real, just asking a technical question.

We really can't tell you one way or the other. You'll just have to give it a try and see what happens. I would think that the iPhone would be able to handle it, but I can't guarantee it. Just charge it up and give it a try.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
We really can't tell you one way or the other. You'll just have to give it a try and see what happens. I would think that the iPhone would be able to handle it, but I can't guarantee it. Just charge it up and give it a try.

I gotcha. I don't have one, was just wondering. I know it is a rip off and you are getting a lesser product, I just don't think it can harm your phone. Kind of like all this eBay SD card rip off when they advertise the wrong speed or capacity, it is a scam and not right but it is still a working SD card.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I gotcha. I don't have one, was just wondering. I know it is a rip off and you are getting a lesser product, I just don't think it can harm your phone. Kind of like all this eBay SD card rip off when they advertise the wrong speed or capacity, it is a scam and not right but it is still a working SD card.

Speaking on the fake Morphies, there is a small chance they can hurt the phone, but not much. It would have to be a really powerful charge to damage your phone.

On the subject of fake Otterboxes and Lifeproofs, yes they do harm your phone. I know many people who have bought the fake ones and then either dropped the Otterbox or put the Lifeproof in water. In both cases, the phone is either shattered or destroyed.

Always buy genuine products if you want the correct function!

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
It doesnt worth. The cases costed 60 USD.
I bought as original.
And the original juice AIR charges 100% the iphone 5, this one charged 60% or less.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
qu2ejady.jpg

My friend Jon came from Canada and I asked him to bring me an official case from apple store. And now I can see the difference. The official has an incomparable quality! People, use stores for this products. If someone needs help with fake/official cases, just say. I can upload detailed pictures of both. On this picture the official has the receipt inside(you can see a white paper)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I do own a red Mophie Air for my i5 that is real. After reading this thread, I went to eBay and looked up Mophie 5. Most to me on eBay look like knock offs. All I say is you will get what you pay for on eBay. If you want authentic, don't be cheap and but it from a real retailer like Best Buy, At&t, or Mophie site itself.

Last edited:

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi Garz thanks for your feedback. You use the case a lot? I will try first time tomorrow. Do you turn it ON when the iPhone battery goes 10%? It charges until 100%?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi Garz thanks for your feedback. You use the case a lot? I will try first time tomorrow. Do you turn it ON when the iPhone battery goes 10%? It charges until 100%?

It will if your phone is not being used. It will charge it 100%. But if your using the phone a ton while charging, it wont make it back to 100% from 10%. I do typically charge the phone once I get to 20%. I do love the case. I wouldn't go without owning one.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It will if your phone is not being used. It will charge it 100%. But if your suing the phone a ton while charging, it wont make it back to 100% from 10%. I do typically charge thew phone once I get to 20%. I do love the case. I wouldn't go without owning one.

I love mine, too... I don’t have to use it a lot - probably 2-3 days a week... but it’s a great battery insurance policy!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I love mine, too... I don’t have to use it a lot - probably 2-3 days a week... but it’s a great battery insurance policy!

Yeah I don't need it everyday either. Maybe twice a week but it is awesome to have when you are in need of a charge and you are on the go.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I used the case for the first time and the phone and the case both got so heat!? Did this happened to you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh