Howdy all...

So I've been looking for a water proof/water resistant case - I won't be taking my phone underwater but I'd like it to be protected if I would get caught in the rain or inclement weather. I looked at a Lifeproof case but had horrible pillowing and newton rings. I've been looking at the Incipio Atlas, Seidio OBEX and the Otterbox Armour. All of these seem like hardcore cases that are meant for a lot more than a few pesky raindrops.

I stumbled upon PureGear today and wasn't sure if anyone had experience with their cases. They just introduce a "Weather Resistant" case which is exactly what I'm looking for and it's half the price of the water resistant options. Just wanted to get some feedback. Thanks!

PS - Here's the company's website if anyone is interested: PureGear - Home | iPhone 5, iPhone 4/4S, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S III Cases
    06-27-2013 08:30 PM
    Looks pretty interesting. I'm a hardcore Otterbox Defender user, so I won't be switching. I've tried the Lifeproof and I disliked it for so many reasons.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    06-27-2013 11:12 PM
    Looks pretty interesting. I'm a hardcore Otterbox Defender user, so I won't be switching. I've tried the Lifeproof and I disliked it for so many reasons.

I've always been a HUGE Otterbox fan - I had a Defender on my iPhone 4 and loved it. I heard that the new Otterbox Defender cases for the 5 scratched the bezel, so I steered clear. I'm intrigued by the Lifeproof Nuud - I hated the regular Lifeproof (my screen protector looked like a piece of bacon on the phone). I think I might just wait for these PureGear cases to be released. It seems to fit my needs the best (plus it's compatible with my Belkin car charger.
    07-05-2013 07:59 PM
    I've always been a HUGE Otterbox fan - I had a Defender on my iPhone 4 and loved it. I heard that the new Otterbox Defender cases for the 5 scratched the bezel, so I steered clear. I'm intrigued by the Lifeproof Nuud - I hated the regular Lifeproof (my screen protector looked like a piece of bacon on the phone). I think I might just wait for these PureGear cases to be released. It seems to fit my needs the best (plus it's compatible with my Belkin car charger.
    I haven't had any issues with the Otterbox on my 5.

07-05-2013 08:03 PM
    I haven't had any issues with the Otterbox on my 5.

I was interested in the Defender until I saw this review a few months ago: http://forums.imore.com/accessories/...-review-4.html

Thoughts? I love the case (especially the gray/orange combo) but don't know if I want to risk damaging my phone with a case that's suppose to protect it.
    07-05-2013 09:15 PM
    So I took the plunge and ordered a DualTek case from Amazon (black and yellow) and the new PX260 weatherproof case from the Pure Gear website. So far I'm LOVING the DualTek. I'll have to post some comments once I've had a little time to test each of them out. I think I may have stumbled upon my new favorite iPhone case company.
    07-10-2013 10:07 PM