Iphone 5 Lifeproof Case

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
interesting thanks for sharing luigi

what do mean by raised edges?

"Only thing I don't really like is how raised the edges are. Gonna water test it in a bit well see how that goes.”

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
interesting thanks for sharing luigi

what do mean by raised edges?

"Only thing I don't really like is how raised the edges are. Gonna water test it in a bit well see how that goes.”

Its basically like the Otterbox Defender as far as the bezel goes. It gets in the way a bit when typing. I thought this was a deal killer for me. I used the Nuud for a few days then went back to my Fre because of the edges. While I do like the Fre for that reason better, I am now back to the Nuud because having the exposed screen is just so much better than the wavy Fre screen protector. Also the overall desgn of the Nuud just feels more solid and the sound from the earpiece is better.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I finally caved this afternoon and got the N??d for my 5 and the Fre for my Mini. I haven't made a call yet, but I rarely do, so it could be a while before I find out how the call quality is.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Cal quality was muffled on other end when I made my first call with NUUD He could hear but really muffled, taking it back to Best Buy and that'll be my last Lifeproof. Going back to my Otterbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Cal quality was muffled on other end when I made my first call with NUUD He could hear but really muffled, taking it back to Best Buy and that'll be my last Lifeproof. Going back to my Otterbox

You should blow on the speaker. Sometimes when you put the case on an air bubble messes with the membrane. Only need to blow air into it once.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I finally caved this afternoon and got the N??d for my 5 and the Fre for my Mini. I haven't made a call yet, but I rarely do, so it could be a while before I find out how the call quality is.

How's the typing on it. Does the bezel get in the way?

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I would have suggested you try a warranty replacement and then return it if it didn't meet your expectations.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
With my new Lifeproof NUUD case I made 3 calls and received 4 calls. On all calls to and from, my voice on other end all sounded muffled to them. I could hear them very good, no distortion off any kind. They said it was hard for them to hear me but they did hear me. They also told me they did not have any trouble with calls from other people, It's not my "speaker" on my phone causing the muffled sound on their end, it was my mic on my phone that wasn't letting my voice out clear to them without the muffled sound. I did try and blow with a sudden burst into the mic. I'm just wondering, how does blowing in my speaker on my phone help my voice to them on the other end---could it just be my mic on my phone, isn't letting my voice out clear to them.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
With my new Lifeproof NUUD case I made 3 calls and received 4 calls. On all calls to and from, my voice on other end all sounded muffled to them. I could hear them very good, no distortion off any kind. They said it was hard for them to hear me but they did hear me. They also told me they did not have any trouble with calls from other people, It's not my "speaker" on my phone causing the muffled sound on their end, it was my mic on my phone that wasn't letting my voice out clear to them without the muffled sound. I did try and blow with a sudden burst into the mic. I'm just wondering, how does blowing in my speaker on my phone help my voice to them on the other end---could it just be my mic on my phone, isn't letting my voice out clear to them.

It's air getting trapped in the membrane like I said in earlier post. http://www.lifeproof.com/en/support/knowledge-base/solution/13/

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I thank you for your help but I've read and done that. I've had trouble with Lifeproof since the case they made when iPhone 5 came out. I guess if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
​Why do you need to wait for Verizon to get it?

My husband works there and gets a 35% discount on cases and accessories. They carry the fre and the Nuud for the iPad. Gonna give it a few weeks then probably cave and pay full price. Also gonna try to sell the blue fre since I probably won't use it once get the new one.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Lifeproof did its job yesterday when my cousin spilled a whole bottle of beer on my 5 the beer was on a folding table and my iPhone was on the couch it took the whole bottle and a towel dry later the incident was forgotten

My Lifeproof has paid for itself twice now

Sent from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR