Dr. Dre Wireless Beats with Iphone 5

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The only "standard" Monster has set is marketing... getting gullible people to believe their wares are superior to other brands when they're not.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I always get a kick out of people who tell me they have their home theater equipment geared up with the "top of the line" monster cables...they are the dog and pony show of the home theater world. I stick by my tried and true Blue Jean Cable company...solid equipment, cheaper than monster, and far superior components in audio and video.

And they share a very similar approach to the Beats line...marketing. People see Beats EVERYWHERE...I've seen people wearing them simply for the look (meaning they weren't connected to anything)...now that to me is silly, but i understand, it's a style now, and i can appreciate that, I'm sure my generation has had some catastrophically ridiculous styles as well. That said...marketing is a big deal to companies looking for numbers, but that does not always equate to top quality. I'm sure the Beat's line of headphones is more than awesome for some, but to others (like myself), i look for more, and I'd pay twice as much money for better sound (thankfully, i didn't have to).

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a pair of Beats Touring in-ear headphones I wear from time to time that I received as a gift. They are ok.

*runs and crouches down in the corner of an empty room*

:)

dnalevelc

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have listened to Beats and I do like the Bass they bring, but I have been working with music since the late 90's and I wouldn't use them for any production. I would rather use some Audio Technicas or some AKG's. Also, if you want the Beats style sound you can get the JVC HA-M5X headphones for a lot cheaper.

Tony47nv

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Did'nt mean to start a war of better or not headphones. Just was stating that for a wireless set of headphones comfort sound quality Dr.Dre beats were something i was suprised by the quality. as for total quality love my bose qc3 set even if they have that anoying wire

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Did'nt mean to start a war of better or not headphones. Just was stating that for a wireless set of headphones comfort sound quality Dr.Dre beats were something i was suprised by the quality. as for total quality love my bose qc3 set even if they have that anoying wire

Ha, it happens. People are passionate about the gear they use. I might give those wireless Beats a shot since you seem to really enjoy them. My last pair of Bluetooth headphones(Plantronics BackBeat 903+) were ok but their bass was lacking.

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
My Sister wanted to Buy me some Beats By Dre... I asked for Bose Ear Buds... They Sound great. I cannot complain... CNET/YouTube/Blogs helped me who to go with. Who would spend 150$ on Ear buds without doing some research.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Cool...... not to sound disrespectful to you I've been dealing with music most if my life being a writer, musician , and d.j. since the mid 90's and being with artist for some time nobody wasn't thinking about headphones in till 08-09 if you needed more of a full range sound or a clearer sound u have an EQ to help with that I used Sony, Pioneer, Denon for headphones and they where great for years and they are high quality they weren't $300 but as soon as Dre and jimmy iovine came with BEATS so many people bought them millions !! There great headphones are there better ones "yes" the competition has gotten better but Beats/Monster has set the standard...

Not everyone likes hip hop. The only reason Beats/Dre sold millions is because of the poor musical taste of the current generation / the popularity of hip hop and rap. If you want artificially inflated bass then the Dre's are for you. If you want the best noise cancellation + good sound, then the Quite Comfort 15 is the one to buy. If you want something for when you are at work, out walking or bike riding, then One Good Earpiece fits the bill. For the best sound, there are many... Personally I have the QC 15's, Grado RS1i, One Good Earpiece, and of course a bunch of bundled earphones that came with various devices.

If you step away from Best Buy, the world is your oyster.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Not everyone likes hip hop. The only reason Beats/Dre sold millions is because of the poor musical taste of the current generation / the popularity of hip hop and rap. If you want artificially inflated bass then the Dre's are for you. If you want the best noise cancellation + good sound, then the Quite Comfort 15 is the one to buy. If you want something for when you are at work, out walking or bike riding, then One Good Earpiece fits the bill. For the best sound, there are many... Personally I have the QC 15's, Grado RS1i, One Good Earpiece, and of course a bunch of bundled earphones that came with various devices.

If you step away from Best Buy, the world is your oyster.

beats is not just for rap and hip hop lmao
It doesn't say that in the box or advertisement
But I do agree with poor taste in music but that doesn't equal poor headphones or artificially inflated bass which monster/beats doesn't have
like I mention do your reasearch

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Omg I sell Beats and the amount we get back from falling apart is incredible. As far as sound goes? If you like bass and mushy top end, Beats win.

People want the name, that's what Monster/Beats count on. If you actually want decent sound, I'd go Sennheiser any day of the week . Hell, for good bass AND good top and mid range I love my JVC XX buds. They blow Beats out of the water and a pair of Monster N-rgy buds I won from work, and they are half the price.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is a audiophile now lol

there are a large number of utterly elitist audio snobs that love to be angry at beats by dre. it's on every beats post on a tech website. They are mad that it's "fashionable." They feel being fashionable is beneath them. Someone mentioned they are fashionable like buying Jordans. As if being similar to one of the best selling footwear brands in history is somehow a problem. It's super elitism of the geek culture variety. I find it all the more ironic in an apple forum, known for selling fashionable products and known to sell well to consumers concerned with having a fashionable accessory.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
beats is not just for rap and hip hop lmao
It doesn't say that in the box or advertisement
But I do agree with poor taste in music but that doesn't equal poor headphones or artificially inflated bass which monster/beats doesn't have
like I mention do your reasearch

HowStuffWorks "How Beats Audio Works"

It's a well written article. Make sure you read the last page and follow some of the author's references. I had read a white paper on Beats Audio a while back, but I don't remember where I found it. There also a couple of YouTube videos, but I don't necessarly trust the average Joe on YT either.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
there are a large number of utterly elitist audio snobs that love to be angry at beats by dre. it's on every beats post on a tech website. They are mad that it's "fashionable." They feel being fashionable is beneath them. Someone mentioned they are fashionable like buying Jordans. As if being similar to one of the best selling footwear brands in history is somehow a problem. It's super elitism of the geek culture variety. I find it all the more ironic in an apple forum, known for selling fashionable products and known to sell well to consumers concerned with having a fashionable accessory.

Thank you and there not even elite geeks on this site lol

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
HowStuffWorks "How Beats Audio Works"

It's a well written article. Make sure you read the last page and follow some of the author's references. I had read a white paper on Beats Audio a while back, but I don't remember where I found it. There also a couple of YouTube videos, but I don't necessarly trust the average Joe on YT either.

So one article and a Horrible YouTube video can validate your point ? Every headphone and component system have good and bad reviews its up to you to decide which is better for you..
But I do notice in every review in a article or on YouTube about a headphone they always compare them to BEATS why ??

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
So one article and a Horrible YouTube video can validate your point ? Every headphone and component system have good and bad reviews its up to you to decide which is better for you..
But I do notice in every review in a article or on YouTube about a headphone they always compare them to BEATS why ??

'Every' review compares them to Beats because Beats unfortunately has 53% of the market share. Second, it's not a review, it's an exclamation on how beats audio works, what goes on. It's not just one article, he provides links for his references.

Look, I don't care what headphones you use, it's up to you. But if you go with the fad, you're missing out on great sound.

Edit: Please remember that I only posted the link to back my claim that Beats artificially boast bass. I am not saying that some people won't find them to be crappy headphones, it's just that I do.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
'Every' review compares them to Beats because Beats unfortunately has 53% of the market share. Second, it's not a review, it's an exclamation on how beats audio works, what goes on. It's not just one article, he provides links for his references.

Look, I don't care what headphones you use, it's up to you. But if you go with the fad, you're missing out on great sound.

Edit: Please remember that I only posted the link to back my claim that Beats artificially boast bass. I am not saying that some people won't find them to be crappy headphones, it's just that I do.

Everyone is entitled of there own opinion and that's cool there a lot of headphones that sound great like i mentioned I feel like everyone wouldn't be Critiquing sound quality in headphones if it wasn't for beats we would still use the regular iPod in-ears that came with apple iPods

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
IMHO I think most people don't notice the difference in sound between headphones, now I could be wrong but that's just what I believe from personal experiences. If I gave my friends some Sennheisers, Audio-Technica's, Beats, etc... they probably couldn't tell the difference. In fact I have had friends who told me they couldn't. Some people can tell the difference while others can't. Not to change the subject (although it's along the same lines) but most people can't tell the difference between 720P and 1080P either. I am in no way defending Beats, I think they are over priced but what do I care if someone wants them. If they can't tell the difference in sound let them get whatever headphones they want since they all sound the same to them. I personally wouldn't choose Beats because I don't like how they sound. I'm nowhere near an audiophile, I choose what I think sounds best, not what other people say sound best. I'd prefer Sennheiser, AKG, Bose or V-Moda as I've listened to them and like what I hear. It's what suits you best. Just because one thing is best for you does not make it the best for others, you need to try them out for yourself and decide on your own. This same situation goes for anything. From cars to phones to computer and tablets. It is what you like and suits you best, not others. No need to bash someone for liking something different than you. I apologize for dragging this on and ranting but these debates bug me.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Everyone is entitled of there own opinion and that's cool there a lot of headphones that sound great like i mentioned I feel like everyone wouldn't be Critiquing sound quality in headphones if it wasn't for beats we would still use the regular iPod in-ears that came with apple iPods

Actually, if it wasn't for my Bose in ear headphones, I never would have realized the difference in quality between headphones. A lost of people complained that they emphasized bass too much, but high and mid tones they produced were much better than my iPod's were at the time.

I compared a pair of Bose, Senns, and Beats over ear headphones just before this past Christmas for myself. Where the Beats and Bose options sounded okay, I found the Senns producing a better overall sound.

I'm looking into the Jambox. I've heard they provide great sound and hope they can emulate over ear headphone quality.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner