Getting iPhone 2g to work with car stereo.

Gregory60060

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 2g and a Pioneer DEH-15UB with a USB port on it. I am aware that the stereo doesn't support iDevices but I was wondering if there was a jailbreak tweak or anything like that to disguise it so it will be able to play music. This may sound stupid but I am trying to save myself some money.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure it amounts to hardware, so even a jailbreak tweak wouldn't help. You might want to check the jailbreak forum though.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 2g and a Pioneer DEH-15UB with a USB port on it. I am aware that the stereo doesn't support iDevices but I was wondering if there was a jailbreak tweak or anything like that to disguise it so it will be able to play music. This may sound stupid but I am trying to save myself some money.

It looks like on that receiver that you can just use the aux in with the headphone jack of the phone, the USB will probably charge it if u want but unless it has an iphone interface you probably can't play music just via the line out from the dock connector. Just my 2 cents from looking at it for 30 seconds

Gregory60060

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
That is what I am attempting to avoid. I have an iPhone 2g which has a messed up headphone jack. If you have had an iPhone 2g then you would know what I am talking about. All of the cables at Walmart were too big to fit into the jack. I have looked online and can only find like extensions so that you can plug anything into them but they are all out of china for $40 a piece. Just looking for a work around.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73