Lightning Dock Alarm Clocks - iHome Release?

Sarlic

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone:

I've been waiting for iHome to release their new iDL100 or iDL45, but there hasn't been any news on these since CES back in January.

Right now I can't charge my phone on my nightstand because my cat has an unhealthy obsession with phone charging wires -- and has destroyed every one I've used!

Has anyone heard anything about a release date for the iHome devices, or in the alternative, can you recommend an alternative that's just as good? I've seen the Gear4 AlarmDock Halo and I really don't like the design there - and this is the only one I can ever seem to find when I google.

Thoughts?

Thanks so much for your input!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have seen someone use a adapter and modify there ihome to change the connector .. Also why not use a adapter 30 pin to lightning it will sit alil taller but should work

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Sarlic

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The adapter makes it sit pretty high, and the lightning adapter is so small, I'd be afraid that it would snap off or something. I want a little more support for it.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Looks like iHome has finally released the iDL45 --

iHome iDL45 Dual Charging Stereo FM Clock Radio with Lightning Dock and USB Charge/Play for iPad/iPhone/iPod

I'm waiting for the iDL100, which has 2 lightning ports on top to charge 2 devices.

They must have removed it because that link no longer exists and there's no lightning connector products on their website. Strange though because on their home page, under the dynamic banner, there's a picture of a alarm clock dock with what is clearly an iPhone 5 sitting in it but they have none in their products catalogue. And a search on the site for the IDL45 brings up a nil return. Shame, I like the look of that one in the picture. Obviously some technical issues with the product.

Sarlic

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It's working fine for me -- go to their home audio page and click the filter for Lightning ports and it should work. Not sure why it wouldn't be working.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I've tried that a few times and keep getting this:

There are no products that match your criteria.
We recommend unchecking your last selection in the filter, or you can show all products.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
It's really strange if it's working for you because I've tried it in 3 different browsers and even changed my region to US on my laptop to see if that makes any difference but I still get the 404 error.

I even did a Google search, found the product listed on one of the iHome support pages so tried this as a "backdoor entry" and still get an error but can find all other products no problem. Hmmm, interesting.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at the smaller iPL10,but you have to use your own cable? Why is that? Didn't have to with the 30 pin versions.

Floridadomer

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got the iDL45 and I am bummed that I cant't have my back case on it when docking. Its not a deal breaker but its annoying having to take it off and then back on. I have a smart cover so I was hoping I could just take that off and then dock it.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Im surprised there is still a shortage of good lightning compatible docks. I always use a case on my phone and was able to find one that worked for my ipod touch with case on. I figured it would be easy to get one for my i5 in time. Nope. Phillips announced a few lightning docks last December, but I have yet to see them in stores. Philips outs new speaker docks with Lightning connector, prices start from $90

I saw some at a RadioShack Grapevine, TX in March. They actually had a surprisingly large collection docks.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I still can't view it on the website. I even emailed them regarding the issue a few days ago but not had a reply yet.

They obviously don't care too much about selling their products.

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Just had a reply from customer support at iHome who tell me the iDL45 won't be available in Europe until June/July and that's why it's not currently on the website on the UK even though it appears to be a global site.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro