I have a Volkswagen Passat and an iPhone 5 and I wanted to be able to hook up my phone to the car like they do to run Siri and have it above the radio. Does any product do that? How do you dock your iPhone?
    04-04-2013 11:56 AM
    So I guess no one uses iPhones in their cars.
    04-04-2013 11:57 PM
    Many cars now come with either an official licensed iphone cable input, or a usb input jack. I have a usb input jack on my stock car radio and I can control my music via steering wheel, dash board radio or my iphone itself. As for siri, my car has bluetooth handsfree so I can take/ make calls from the steering wheel buttons. Siri also works this way. I have not seen a good looking "dock" that connects to the dashboard. I have seen docks that convert a cupholder into an actual dock. I just put my phone in the cup holder. Rockform has a case that allows you to place a dock piece onto anything (dashboard). With that you can just attach your phone to the spot above your radio if you want. You would still need a usb (or aux) cable to play music off it, and if you dont have bluetooth in your car you can get a dock with an fm transmitter and a handsfree all in one.

I think ford sync allows you to stream music wirelessly, and if you search hard enough you may be able to find an aftermarket stereo that has something similar to that. If you have none of this, the best thing to do would get an ipod usb adapter installed on your car. Should be under $100 and you can control your music via dash radio or steering wheel controls. Cheapest solution would be to use an aux cable or fm transmitter. Most expensive way would be to buy a new aftermarket radio that allows wireless connection to your iphone.

heres the rokform case pics
    http://www.rokform.com/cart/images/D...eld-lilrok.jpg
    http://www.rokform.com/cart/images/D...white-dtl2.jpg

update: I did a quick google and found Tune Link Bluetooth transmitter. It plugs into a cigarette lighter port, connects to your iphone via bluetooth and has a built in fm transmitter. Pair it with a rokform case and you can dock your phone on the dash and wirelessly play music off it. It also has an aux out if you have an aux port. Seems nice but I think its better to just get a usb hookup in your car.

Belkin also has a handsfree car kit which is similar to the tune link except without fm transmitter-- it connects to your car via aux input. Scosche has the cheapest route with their motormouth 2. It plugs directly into the aux input and has batteries so you dont need to have it connected 100% of the time to your car lighter. The advantage of this one is if you get the loopback hum from the belkin or tunelink then you can avoid it since scosches model has batteries. Its the cheapest at $20 on amazon.
    Last edited by ups925; 04-05-2013 at 12:53 AM.
    04-05-2013 12:25 AM
    I have a Volkswagen Passat and an iPhone 5 and I wanted to be able to hook up my phone to the car like they do to run Siri and have it above the radio. Does any product do that? How do you dock your iPhone?
    I have a mount from ProClipUSA.com to hold the thing, and I Bluetooth the connection to my radio. Siri may or may not work, depending on the specific design of your car's system. Apple is actively working with some car makers to specifically enable voice control of the iPhone, but so far only a few have actually implemented it. There was an article on this posted on the iMore news/blog page just the other day.
    04-05-2013 02:33 PM
    So I guess no one uses iPhones in their cars.
    Wow. You waited one whole minute to assume no one was going to answer you. Impatient much?
    04-05-2013 02:34 PM
    Wow. You waited one whole minute to assume no one was going to answer you. Impatient much?
    Lol. AM and PM. That's 12 HOURS and one whole minute!!
    04-05-2013 08:28 PM