Mophie Juice Pack Air for iPhone 5

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I waited for a while for amazon to start selling the air but I just decided to settle for the helium and I'm completely happy

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I was lucky enough to know a friend who works at an AT&T store and was able to
buy the Air for half the price. I returned the one I bought from Verizon and hopefully
I don't get the "Charging Accessory Not Compatible" message again like I reported
earlier in this thread.

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
buy the Air for half the price. I returned the one I bought from Verizon and hopefully
I don't get the "Charging Accessory Not Compatible" message again like I reported
earlier in this thread.

Wow, you're LUCKY!!!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
earlier in this thread.

What a dog. :) Congrats... that’s actually a very nice score... I honestly think your issue was just a faulty Mophie Air, as I’ve not heard anyone else with that issue. Glad the new, half-priced model is working for you!

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I went to Best Buy last night and they had the white AND the red Mophie Air!!! They don't have the red online, but they did in the store! So I got it... I'm going to set it up today and see how it goes! :)

One weird thing was the white and the red were $99.99 but the black is now $119.99... and the black was just $99.99 last week (and the weeks before the white and the red). Seriously Best Buy?!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I went to Best Buy last night and they had the white AND the red Mophie Air!!! They don't have the red online, but they did in the store! So I got it... I'm going to set it up today and see how it goes! :)

One weird thing was the white and the red were $99.99 but the black is now $119.99... and the black was just $99.99 last week (and the weeks before the white and the red). Seriously Best Buy?!
That doesn't sound right at all. Why the heck would they put a $20 price increase
on the black one?

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Heisenberg-

How you liking yours so far? How long is the battery lasting you? Mine is charging up right now!

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I really want to get the Air, but I don't want the black. I have the white iPhone 5 and want either the white case or the red one... anyone know if they will be coming to Best Buy or if only the black will be sold there?

Both the red and white are at the best buy I work at. I have the red one on my white phone right now :)

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Both the red and white are at the best buy I work at. I have the red one on my white phone right now :)

I got the red one last night and can't wait to put it on my white phone!! It just pained me a little to pay $100 :eek:

What kind of battery life are you getting?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I got the red one last night and can't wait to put it on my white phone!! It just pained me a little to pay $100 :eek:

It’s fantastic... 2+ days between charges... with moderate to heavy usage...

DAichiko

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey Heisenberg, I made an account just to reply to you lol. I just bought a red Mophie for my iphone 5 from Best Buy today, and I have the same problem as you. I get the "Charging is not supported with this accessory." I'll be going back and exchanging for another red case. I just wanted to validate your problem lol It irks me that this kind of defect would pass QC but...some things do slip through the cracks sometimes... Anyways...here's to a better, working case. Hopefully.

DAichiko

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, i tried to return it today...but they had no red cases left. They said I should just wait the 14 days and return then if they don't get any red cases in (the ones that are coming in have already been paid for). Well...when I got back home I decided to experiment. Maybe it's a faulty Mophie cable. So I tried charging on my old Droid X cable and I didn't get a charging error. When I used the Mophie cable...it said charging unsupported etc. after about 15 min. So there may be a problem with the cable. The case charges the phone just fine. Hopefully, someone else can conduct the same kind of test with different cables.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Hey Heisenberg, I made an account just to reply to you lol. I just bought a red Mophie for my iphone 5 from Best Buy today, and I have the same problem as you. I get the "Charging is not supported with this accessory." I'll be going back and exchanging for another red case. I just wanted to validate your problem lol It irks me that this kind of defect would pass QC but...some things do slip through the cracks sometimes... Anyways...here's to a better, working case. Hopefully.

To tell you the truth, I haven't tried charging them both at the same time with my
second one. I've found myself just charging them separately like I did before with
my 4S since I can't stand always having a case on my phone.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

My battery life has been fantastic. 12 hours of use last time I let it die. And it's worth the hefty price tag for sure!

Troy the Creator

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
question guys

my friend bought me a battery case but it looks like its just another "brand"

she bought it for 30 bucks on ebay

using this case to charge my phone, is that bad? somewhere i heard that 3rd party chargers especially cheap ones screw up the battery. is this true? will i be alright?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
question guys

my friend bought me a battery case but it looks like its just another "brand"

she bought it for 30 bucks on ebay

using this case to charge my phone, is that bad? somewhere i heard that 3rd party chargers especially cheap ones screw up the battery. is this true? will i be alright?

I don't know what harm it can do. Mophie is a 3rd party, too. I think it's just as big a risk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox