Mophie Juice Pack Air for iPhone 5

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Been waiting for this for a long time. Used this to death with my iPhone 4S and badly
wanted it for the iPhone 5 already. When the Helium version came out in February, I
thought it would be better to wait for the Air. I don't like that you have to dig your fingers
inside the holes for the exterior buttons on the Helium. They're actually covered and
given easy access with the Air. Plus, 1700mAh as opposed to 1500mAh with the Helium.

Anyone else get one?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Been waiting for this for a long time. Used this to death with my iPhone 4S and badly
wanted it for the iPhone 5 already. When the Helium version came out in February, I
thought it would be better to wait for the Air. I don't like that you have to dig your fingers
inside the holes for the exterior buttons on the Helium. They're actually covered and
given easy access with the Air. Plus, 1700mAh as opposed to 1500mAh with the Helium.

Anyone else get one?

I’ve been using the Helium for just over a week, and love it ... but may return it for the Air. I got it a Best Buy with my Silver Rewards Zone membership - 60 days to return an item...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I’ve been using the Helium for just over a week, and love it ... but may return it for the Air. I got it a Best Buy with my Silver Rewards Zone membership - 60 days to return an item...
It is really worth it.

Can't seem to find any on Amazon...

I checked our store and we have a few in...

Can always try and return if it's not a great fit for you.

Can suggest it for review by the iMore guys if you like?

~Steph
I found it at the first store I checked. It was a corporate Verizon store.
It is definitely worthy of a review.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It is really worth it.

I found it at the first store I checked. It was a corporate Verizon store.
It is definitely worthy of a review.

I’d been looking around for the Air and found one at the VZW store by my house. I got a bit a grief when I went to buy it because I’m an AT&T customer, but after a bit of good-natured fun (by the sales dude at my/AT&T's expense), I now have the Air and the Helium. The Helium is going back to Best Buy the next time I’m in the area. (Love the 60-day return for Silver Reward Zone customers).

The only obvious difference at this point is the color. The Helium is only available in charcoal grey... the Air comes in black, white and red. Mine is black.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Had mine for a few weeks and love it. I got the black air with my black iPhone 5 and it looks great. It gets me through a heavy use day with no problem.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Had mine for a few weeks and love it. I got the black air with my black iPhone 5 and it looks great. It gets me through a heavy use day with no problem.

I do like the way the volume buttons and silent switch is done in the Air... none of that "cut a hole here" crap like on the Helium. Same with the sleep button. It just seems more polished... So far, I am very happy with the Air ...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I do like the way the volume buttons and silent switch is done in the Air... none of that "cut a hole here" crap like on the Helium. Same with the sleep button. It just seems more polished... So far, I am very happy with the Air ...

I also like how the silent switch isn't a hole like it previously was with the Air for the 4/4S.

Wondering if anyone has ran into this problem yet. I have the Mophie on my phone when I
charge it at night. It obviously charges the phone battery up until 100% and then the Mophie
starts to charge. I'm noticing when I wake up in the morning that I get "This accessory does
not support your device" lock screen message. Then I notice that my Mophie is only about
halfway charged. Anyone else? Solutions?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I also like how the silent switch isn't a hole like it previously was with the Air for the 4/4S.

Wondering if anyone has ran into this problem yet. I have the Mophie on my phone when I
charge it at night. It obviously charges the phone battery up until 100% and then the Mophie
starts to charge. I'm noticing when I wake up in the morning that I get "This accessory does
not support your device" lock screen message. Then I notice that my Mophie is only about
halfway charged. Anyone else? Solutions?

I’ll let you know in the morning if I see that message. I didn’t with the Helium. Don’t anticipate it with the Air.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Heisenberg - just reporting back... I used the Mophie Air a bit yesterday, and when I charged the phone/case over night, everything worked as expected. NO error messages... just business as usual.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Heisenberg - just reporting back... I used the Mophie Air a bit yesterday, and when I charged the phone/case over night, everything worked as expected. NO error messages... just business as usual.

Thanks for checking that out. I think I'm just gonna make an exchange then.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the helium and returned it for the air. Seems about the same size, unless I'm just bad at judging it...

Anyway, I'm extremely pleased with my Air :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had the helium and returned it for the air. Seems about the same size, unless I'm just bad at judging it...

Anyway, I'm extremely pleased with my Air :)

The Air is almost the exact same size as the Helium, but seems so much more polished. It has buttons (volume and sleep) and slider switch (silence/ringer) instead of the ugly cutouts in the Helium... and a bigger battery, to boot. Plus I like the black color much better than the charcoal grey of the Helium.

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Also returned the Helium for the Air at BestBuy. So much better to be able to completely charge iPhone 5 and everything is sealed. Great!

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I've noticed is that the power button on the Air seems to be slanted on one side, so I have to press it on the other side for it to work. Not a huge deal - nothing worth exchanging for, just an observation.

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I really want to get the Air, but I don't want the black. I have the white iPhone 5 and want either the white case or the red one... anyone know if they will be coming to Best Buy or if only the black will be sold there?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I really want to get the Air, but I don't want the black. I have the white iPhone 5 and want either the white case or the red one... anyone know if they will be coming to Best Buy or if only the black will be sold there?

Best Buy sells the red and the white Mophie Air for iPhone 4/4S, so I think it’s just a matter of time...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner