iPad mini headphone jack not working.

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
When you plug headphones in the sound continues through the speakers. Anybody know if there's a remedy for this?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Try inserting and removing the plug from the jack several times is quick succession... if that doesn't remedy the issue, try inserting the plug into the jack, and spin the plug in the jack a bit. If none of that works... a visit to an Apple GeniusBar may be in order...

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Try inserting and removing the plug from the jack several times is quick succession... if that doesn't remedy the issue, try inserting the plug into the jack, and spin the plug in the jack a bit. If none of that works... a visit to an Apple GeniusBar may be in order...

Will try it later and see wht happens. Hopefully it works. The closest Genius Bar is two hours away! Thanks!

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I've been having the same problem... A hard reset fixes it. But I don't want to do that everytime I want to use my wired headphones.

johnsmith02

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Firstly check that are you inserting the headphone properly or not, and if you are inserting it properly, then problem will be in the jack. Then the only option we left with is that you consult to a technician.

Raini Hargreaves

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My is not working either? Someone said to reset? How? My headset used to work but then it didn't I got a new one and still does not work? Can anyone help?

jeffnelsoninsf

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I just updated my iPad mini to 8.1.??? Or something, and now my audio port works again!!!
Yay! But wtf, strange. Saved me a trip to the genius bar or service guys..
Good luck. [SUB][/SUB]

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my iPad mini to 8.1.??? Or something, and now my audio port works again!!!
Yay! But wtf, strange. Saved me a trip to the genius bar or service guys..
Good luck. [SUB][/SUB]

Likely not the update but the fact the device does a full reboot after upgrading. Lots of people claim updates have fixed issues over the years but it really is just down to the reboot! Glad it's sorted!

Ren Swarog

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly this problem and here is what seems to fix it:

1. Bring up system preferences - and 'sound' settings within it.

2. connect your headphones or jack lead into the audio socket.

3. From the apple icon menu in the top left corner of the os x screen, tell your computer to go to sleep

4. Immediately wake it up again from sleep

5. A second or two after waking, under 'output'; 'internal speakers' should change to 'headphone port'.

NB. Weirdly, this fix switches the output to headphone port, but you lose the option for internal speakers at the same time. However, to switch back to internal speakers, remove the headphone/jack lead, put the computer to sleep then re-wake it. This switches it back.

Hope this helps! Peace ;)

Jugglery

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I just found out how to solve this problem.

You will need to reset your iPad.You will probably want to do a backup of your content before you do this. There was no loss of content when I did it, but it never hurts to be overly careful.

Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings

That's it! The iPad will reset and the headphone jack will work every time.

At least, that is what happened to me. I was pretty excited to have found the solution.

Best of luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro