New Trent IMP120D Review

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The iCarrier IMP120D external battery charger has been a life saver for me. As a college student it has saved my butt many times. There have been times where I have been in class taking notes or even writing a paper (I'm a college student) and I've seen that 20% warning pop up on my iPad. Bring my Apple adapter is not an option as most of the time there is no outlet that i am able to reach.That's definitely not a good thing when your in the middle of typing or on the go. That's where my trusty IMP120D came into play. I just turn on the battery plug in the USB end of my lighting to USB cable into the battery and the other end into my iPad Mini and throw the battery in my bag next to me and I'm off typing again whilst charging my Mini. Now lets get into the logistics of the IMO120D.

The device is 3.9 inches long, 3.6 inches wide and 1.1 inches thick. It's a very portable device that can easily be thrown into a backpack, purse, duffle bag or even a pocket if you have ones that are large enough. As for the weight, you will barely notice it. It weighs in at only 10 ounces.

Inside the package you will find the AC wall adapter, which is used to charge the device itself. It takes about 7 hour to fully recharge the battery. You will also find a micro USB cable for recharging other devices, a Samsung galaxy tab extender/ USB extender, a velvet carrying pouch and a user manual. And obviously the device itself.

image-1.jpegimage-3.jpegimage-2.jpegimage.jpeg

Now lets talk about the actual device and its features. The device is packing a whopping 12,000 mAh. That can charge an iPad almost once fully and your iPhone 6-7 times. It can charge any device that charges through USB. The device features a matte black finish which feels nice in the hand. On the top of the device you will see the power button and two USB ports. The power button features an LED indicator lit that tells you how much power is left in the battery. The battery is indicated by three levels, high-mid-low. To turn on the device you hold down the power button for 2 seconds. To power it down, hold down for 2 seconds. The nicest things about this device is the battery capacity and the dual USB ports. The ports are labeled output 1 and output 2. Output 1 is for smaller devices as it outputs at 1A. Output 2 puts out 2.1A and is intended for devices such as tablets. However, you can most certainly charge via output 2 for a faster recharge.

As far as pricing goes, New Trent is offering the iCarrier for only $76.95. Compared to other competitors batteries, the iCarrier IMP120D easily wins. The Mophie Juice Pack powerstation PRO comes in at only 6,000mAh and costs $99.95. The Mophie Juice Pack powerstation costs $79.95 and only comes in with 4,000mAh. For the price of the iCarrier, it's a no brainier.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox