Which glass screen protector do you prefer and which one would work best with an Otterbox Defender with the built-in screen protector removed?
    03-09-2013 01:22 PM
    I suspect at $30 a pop, most people have only tried one brand. There are a lot available now - even Radio Shack has its own glass scree protectors for the iPhone.

That being said, I'm currently using the Spigen GlasT. (Not the R.) My only complaint is that it's too thick to use my OlloClip. But I suspect they're all like that.
    03-09-2013 04:55 PM
    I suspect at $30 a pop, most people have only tried one brand. There are a lot available now - even Radio Shack has its own glass scree protectors for the iPhone.

That being said, I'm currently using the Spigen GlasT. (Not the R.) My only complaint is that it's too thick to use my OlloClip. But I suspect they're all like that.
    Watched some vids today and the Bodyguardz looks thinner than the rest. Might have to give that one a shot. I've seen a few posts about people using the Glas.t with the Defender though.
    03-09-2013 04:58 PM
    Any experience with the oleophobic sgp protector?
    03-10-2013 10:13 PM
    Any experience with the oleophobic sgp protector?
    Yes. It feels smoother than the actual bare glass to me
    03-11-2013 11:56 AM
    Yes. It feels smoother than the actual bare glass to me
    Nice. And I hear it's also just as clear as the ultra clear. Might pick a couple packs up. These Belkins aren't horrible though. Nothing compares to an anti-glare from power support as far as smudges and prints go so maybe I should just stick with what I got. Lol
    03-11-2013 12:19 PM
    Nice. And I hear it's also just as clear as the ultra clear. Might pick a couple packs up. These Belkins aren't horrible though. Nothing compares to an anti-glare from power support as far as smudges and prints go so maybe I should just stick with what I got. Lol
    I haven't used the ultra clear in a long time and never on the ip5, but if you are good at protector installation, it looks like nothing is there. You won't be disappointed.
    03-11-2013 12:20 PM
    I haven't used the ultra clear in a long time and never on the ip5, but if you are good at protector installation, it looks like nothing is there. You won't be disappointed.
    Thanks for the info!
    03-11-2013 12:22 PM
    Ordered the bodyguardz and it should be here next week
    03-15-2013 11:53 PM
    I have had the Zagg shields and the Powersupport sheild, but the Bodygaurdz "Pure"glass shield is definitely the best protector yet! Feels like the screen and few smudge problems. (I don't use the Home Button cover and it's just fine--careful: that thing is dang near impossible to remove if you don't like how it sticks out etc.)
    03-17-2013 04:42 PM
    I have had the Zagg shields and the Powersupport sheild, but the Bodygaurdz "Pure"glass shield is definitely the best protector yet! Feels like the screen and few smudge problems. (I don't use the Home Button cover and it's just fine--careful: that thing is dang near impossible to remove if you don't like how it sticks out etc.)
    That's great to see. I think I've seen on a few YouTube vids that it's not bad without the home button cover too!
    03-17-2013 08:37 PM
    Just installed the bodyguardz. Perfect install as far as lint inclusion goes but ever so slightly off center but still good. Crystal clear and is finger print resistant. I really like it thus far. I need to find some cheap rear protection now though.

Also put on the home button cover.
    blessed2bamommie likes this.
    03-19-2013 07:34 PM
    how do you like the home button cover. Mama is about to be the screen iphone accessory fairy.
    04-02-2013 05:55 PM
    I chose not to install the home button cover this time. They are cute, but not necessary, and a bear to remove.
    04-02-2013 06:51 PM
    I was comparing the Bodyguardz which I was just about sold on until I heard it can scratch to the Glas T. Does it scratch?
    04-02-2013 07:04 PM
    Ive had the glas.tr for a number of months now (since week of tr launch). The oleophobic coating seems to have worn off as it is always smudged now. No scratches whatsoever though. Its crystal clear as the day I put i on.
    04-03-2013 01:28 PM
    Decisions, decisions. The Bodyguardz looks so strong and easy to apply but I don't want scratches. Oh wow, the smudges must be a pain but at least its not scratches. Is it strong? I see both have discounted replacements, the BG being a little cheaper but would it be more prone to needing replacing if you didn't want to deal with the scratches.
    04-03-2013 01:37 PM
    I dropped my phone face down while walking on the mezzanine at work and there were no scratches on my bodyguardz.
    04-03-2013 02:54 PM
    I was looking at the vid that Rene did at CES and he asked about scratching and the rep said it can. But you must have to do a lot to it. I like the easy install and it supposed to be really strong....ok so now I'm back at BG lol.
    04-03-2013 03:00 PM
    Looks like I'm going to be picking up an iloome or body guard one ,just bought my iPhone 5 at best buy and it's been 3 days and I already have a scratch! I baby all my devices and keep them mint For resale glad I payed the 14.99 for insurance
    04-03-2013 05:26 PM
    I sent the link to the Bodyguardz to Mama. Thanks! I am looking forward to it! This Zagg is desperately needing to be replaced and my 2yo is even pulling it off!
    04-05-2013 12:32 AM