View Poll Results: What type of case do you prefer?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super-Protection (i.e. LifeProof Case)

3 33.33%
  • Reliable but stylish (i.e. Kalaideng ENGLAND series)

3 33.33%
  • Any case.. as long as it looks good

1 11.11%
  • Just a screen protector

2 22.22%
    As I was ordering my new case last week, I was debating whether I should get a super protective case or just a regular stylish case.
    Spending hours on Amazon.com trying to find the right item, I came across this item which at first seemed very fashionable, but as I read through the descriptions and saw more pictures, it seemed to do a decent job in protection. Here's the case that I ordered: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BMZYWH4

As of now, I'm highly satisfied with the case. And also its much cheaper than the protective cases that cost way over the budget.

What do you guys prefer?
    1. A Super-Protective case (i.e. LifeProof Case)
    2. A reliable but stylish case (i.e. Kalaideng ENGLAND Series)
    3. Any case as long as it looks good

Let me hear your opinions so I can decide whether to get another case for my phone or not!
    And I'll attach some pictures of the new case that I bought just incase anyone's interested..

iPhone 5 Cases: Protection vs. Looks-england-brown-cover.jpg
    03-06-2013 07:40 PM
    Seems for most it comes down to looks and appeal then protection.

$600 + device and some put a $2.00 case on it... Ya it may be something, but what will it protect you from, if anything.

For most, job requirements also establish what type of case they wish to use.

Some cases may look awesome, but in the long run you have to think on how will that case take an impact? Will it absorb any shock that may pass through to the phone?

If the answer is no in most of those questions, then your putting something on your device that will accomplish absolutely nothing...
    03-06-2013 10:53 PM
    Seems for most it comes down to looks and appeal then protection.

$600 + device and some put a $2.00 case on it... Ya it may be something, but what will it protect you from, if anything.

For most, job requirements also establish what type of case they wish to use.

Some cases may look awesome, but in the long run you have to think on how will that case take an impact? Will it absorb any shock that may pass through to the phone?

If the answer is no in most of those questions, then your putting something on your device that will accomplish absolutely nothing...
    Yeah I agree with you on the protection. BUT I feel like there was no point it buying a thin, stylish phone, if I'm just gonna put a big fat case around it.. There's only a slight chance that I'm gonna damage the phone in such harsh way. I think my case does a good enough job where it'll protect the phone even if I drop it with a moderate impact.

So far the Kalaideng England case is doing that for me. It has good looks and at the same time it gives me some protection.
    03-07-2013 08:33 AM
    I used to buy cases for style. But now I need a heavy duty case to keep my device safe. I have the Griffin Survivor case and it protects my phone from drops and dust. It gives me a peace of mind to know that my phone is fully protected.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    03-08-2013 10:34 PM
    I always go for something that gives both. This is why I'm such a fan of the Tech21 series. You can also get away with a lot less if you use any of the new glass screen protectors that are around. Right now I have a Glast with a Graft bumper case. Looks fantastic, and I'm not worried about dropping it.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    03-09-2013 08:59 AM
    My thought is the phone looks awesome without the case but I am too chicken to roll naked. If you are gonna get a case then get one that will do the job. I vote protection that looks good.
    03-09-2013 09:11 AM
    +1, Phreddyl. I don't cover my iPhone but I'm very careful with it, however, if I was gonna take the time to cover it, I think I'd do it for protective purposes first.
    03-09-2013 09:29 AM
    Make sure you guys vote on the poll on top of the page too
    03-09-2013 05:49 PM
    Mine is a Super-Protective, Griffin Survivor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-09-2013 06:14 PM
    Mine is a Super-Protective, Griffin Survivor

wow haha that case is extremely thick!
    03-09-2013 08:53 PM
    Yep it is but protective. I want protection more than just looks

03-10-2013 06:01 AM
    ah.. I'm like half and half on this issue. Protection and Looks are both equally important for me
    03-12-2013 09:33 PM
    ah.. I'm like half and half on this issue. Protection and Looks are both equally important for me
    Then tech21 is what your looking for!
    Alli likes this.
    03-12-2013 10:23 PM
    Personally I go naked unless going out drinking, then I slap my otterbox on it. I have applecare+ so if I break one it isn't a huge deal (only $50 to replace) but if that happens once then I'll probably start using a case depending how close to an upgrade I am since you only get two replacements.

This phone is too sexy to not show off...
    03-16-2013 03:49 PM
    I'm the same way I like to show off the iPhone every chance I get but I also like to use a case whenever I'm doing something that requires me not to put a my attention on not dropping my pride and joy...

Plain and simple

If I'm going naked-

I use "The Snugg" depressed brown leather sleeve. Simple cheap and I don't feel to bad at 12$ on amazon replacing it if I put it down somewhere and can't find it....

if I'm using a Case-

There's no other choice other than the Pad and Quill Little Black Book for me.. I like the style of the wallet/phone case. It feels like a mans case and at the same time makes it very easy to pull my phone out and throw on my dock with ease....

Lifeproof would be the only other choice...
    03-16-2013 04:47 PM
    Put a Griffin Survivor on my phone. My daughter was trying to get my attention and accidentally knocked it out of my hand. It fell to the floor hard and bounced. Love that I have such a protective case on it. This came a day after I just got my phone replaced.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    03-16-2013 07:56 PM
    haha wow that was worth it
    03-25-2013 08:40 PM
    I'm extremely careful so I like slim tpu cases. Minimal protection but easy to handle.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-25-2013 11:56 PM
    I only rock a slickwraps carbon fiber on my ip5. Always a chance to break it but I like the slim factor of the phone.
    03-26-2013 07:30 PM