Speck CandyShell Issue

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had Speck CandyShells for my iPhone 4, 4S and 5 and have recommended them to all my friends and family because I think they're good-looking and protect well. My mom's saved her iPhone 4S from a fall; the bottom thin strip near the charging port broke but her iPhone is still perfect. It did its job. The one problem I have with them is I can't get the screen clean without taking the phone out of the case. I think the rubber absorbs your hand oils and when you wipe the screen the cloth grabs some of the oil and drags it behind. I'm kinda neurotic about having a clean screen so it bothers me a bit. Take it out of the case, screen wipes off perfectly with one swipe. Put it back in, Smear City. I've tried cleaning the rubber with a little alcohol to try to remove any oil but it just doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem? Have you found a way around it? I don't see one and I'll just deal with it but I wanted to share my pain. :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Alcohol & rubber = not a good combination. A light detergent & water is a better choice for cleaning rubber.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Alcohol & rubber = not a good combination. A light detergent & water is a better choice for cleaning rubber.

Thank you. I'll give the mild detergent and water a shot tonight. I figured the alcohol may dry out or otherwise damage the rubber so after I tried it once and it didn't work I didn't press my luck. :)