Lifeproof iphone 5 please help

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got one of the immediate releases it was crap i loved the one i had for my 4 this one had the pillowing the rattling etc, i gave it to a friend after i explained the probs, he didnt care, anyways i need to know the model number or sku i should be looking for for the new cases the ones that arent crap, i have a white 5 so im looking for a white case, thanks for the help!

crzyhrse81

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I believe anything above the 300,0000 range is your looking for.....that's what mine is and I haven't noticed any issues yet, but I've only had it for a week.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it is pretty much hit or miss regardless of #. People seem to be having problems with older cases while others don't and some have problems with newer cases while others don't. Hopefully you can get lucky. You would think these companies would have it all figured out now.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it is pretty much hit or miss regardless of #. People seem to be having problems with older cases while others don't and some have problems with newer cases while others don't. Hopefully you can get lucky. You would think these companies would have it all figured out now.

I agree, especially since they are a bigger name, made great cases for the 4/4s and charge 80 for the case

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree, especially since they are a bigger name, made great cases for the 4/4s and charge 80 for the case

Agree for the price they charge they should have it down by now. especially since this isnt their first lifeproof case that they made.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I got one before they were officially released and mine has no issues. Mine is the black case but hope you have GL getting one maybe get in touch with their support and voice your concern so they send you a good one. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got one before they were officially released and mine has no issues. Mine is the black case but hope you have GL getting one maybe get in touch with their support and voice your concern so they send you a good one. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I tried and seeing as how i bought it from best buy online when they were first released they didnt wanna help me, i had two of their cases for my 4 and the fre for the five

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I am getting my third replacement case, customer service is nice but it seems they have little control of what you get. We all know there are newer gen cases without problems, and they should just send those as replacements.
They keep sending me the same one with the same flaws. They are coming from the same 3rd party supplier that they use.
This time the rep said he would place an order from the corporate headquarters and hopefully it will be the newest gen.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Just received my lifeproof fre (white) today. It was a "long" week wait!!

LOVE the way it looks and feels. Waterproof test was good. Put it on my phone --- touch screen is good. Played a song - sounded pretty good (yes, bassy, but not bad)
Then I made a phone call. Bad. The person I called said I sounded muffled and far away. Then during the conversation I was told that I was fading in and out. I then felt the need to almost shout the rest of the conversation.

At one point I heard "beeps" and realized the sensor didn't make the screen go off and I was face dialing the keypad. After several odd hand gestures I was able to "see" when the screen went on and off...
:(
I will call tomorrow and ask for an exchange... But What # are you referring to? The sku # on the box or the little white sticker on the box that starts with LR? .. (I Bought from lifeproof direct) Had a lifeproof for my 4s with no sound issues. I'm so disappointed.
Thank you

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you seat your phone in the case properly. I always take out the headphone plug and try and sit the top side with the mute switch in first then press the bottom in. Test everything out before you clip the back on. If all else fails give customer service a call and they will sort you out.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
didn't know they had an issue I had mine put on by a sprint rep a couple of minutes after my 5 was taken out of the box so I'm not sure if the sound is right but it seems ok and I'm happy with it

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Shooter..
I tried what you said and still had the problem. I went on the lifeproof website and saw they suggested "blowing" into the mic port (with case on) to push the membrane off the grill ... It worked for a few minutes but then the caller told me I was fading in and out. I called lifeproof. They emailed me a postage paid return label and have shipped a replacement case. When I recover the case I have 15 days to return the defective one. The call took 5 min and customer service was great!

I'm surprised that Sprint would install a lifeproof case on a phone right out of the box! I have Att and my local store wont. (I bought direct from lifeproof) What about the water test??
Even though some people may claim "I don't plan on swimming with my phone" I would still test it. What if you drop your phone in a puddle.... or in the toilet? (Hey, it happens lol) ;)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I was told about the water test but I inspected the O-ring and it looked solid

sprint must do it a lot cause the guy had an air blower to make sure there was no particles on the case and he really looked like he knew what he was doing besides they must be pushing them hard cause they had a demo iphone 5 in a bowl of water at one of the counters and the cases in the center of the store

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
my case has a raised lump right over the Mic I was thinking something was in there but now guessing its made like that

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Just sent back my first Lifeproof case. The case itself is awesome. My problem was with the clear screen protector. It is so cheap and it had the "pillowing" effect all over it. I also had the "Rainbow " effect where it touched the screen. very disappointed.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Check out the new Incipio Atlas Rugged. Like Lifeproof but with glass screen instead of pastic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here just got the incipio. Glass screen protector Is awesome. No pillowing effect and it works great.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
i have a friend who has the incipio case... his has sound issues as well - playing music sounds very crackly. not an issue for him, but i do play music either with pandora or using the phone as my ipod .. with the life proof the sound was much better. the front "glass" screen on his has gotten pretty scratched up already as well (keeps in his pocket with keys, coins, etc) ......Do either of you have those problems? I was thinking maybe he should exchange it (has only had it for a little over a week, and bought direct on incipio website.) as for the lifeproof i did not have pillowing or rainbow effect issues........ Im still waiting on the replacement Lifeproof case - hoping it arrives today.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2