[Official] Best iPad Mini Case

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
C'mon gang - it's time for one solid STICKY thread where you can recommend your favorite iPad Mini case!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the ifrogz breeze case in silver and black. Makes the black mini look really nice. Also protects the back very nicely.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have an otterbox defender and think the fit is perfect.

Has anyone had it since launch? I am curious if there is any scuffing caused by the case over time.
Thanks ahead of time.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have an otterbox defender and think the fit is perfect.

Has anyone had it since launch? I am curious if there is any scuffing caused by the case over time.
Thanks ahead of time.

I have it since launch. No issue with case scuffing.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by LVMHgirl

I ordered a slim fit multi-angle case and an ultra-slim folio one (similar in design to the original apple iPad case), both in black by rooCASE for my iPad mini which is on the way. Will update when I receive them!

http://www.roocase.com/DataImage.ashx/10539707/600/600

Ultra-slim Folio:

ROOCASE Ultra Slim Vegan Leather Folio Case Cover for Apple iPad Mini - Black

http://www.roocase.com/DataImage.ashx/10540180/600/600

Slim-Fit Multi-angle Case:

ROOCASE Slim-Fit Vegan Leather Case Cover for Apple iPad Mini - Black

So I've been using these cases for about a week now and I really LOVE them!

The Ultra-Slim folio case is very similar to the original apple ipad case where the ipad slips into place and the flap is "tucked" into place behind the ipad. The front cover folds back and tucks under to create the *stand* for two viewing angles like the original apple case. There is also a stylus holder on the back. Decent protection from drops and the bezel and sides are completely covered to guard against scratches and accidental "face down" predicaments. Sleep/wake function works well. The only minor issue I have with this case is that the part that covers the bezel sometimes makes it a little difficult to access the very edge of the screen to type or click on something. But overall, a good case.

The Slim-FIt Multi-Angle case has three great (and sturdy) viewing angles and is different from the Ultra-Slim because the bezel is completely uncovered except in two places where the ipad is popped in and held in place which allows you to see the ipad and appreciate it's beauty! ;) Cover has a little clip type closure that keeps the ipad from opening in your bag or in case of a drop which is a good thing because the sides and bezel are exposed when the case is open. Clip also doubles as a sort of grip for your right hand. Decent protection from drops (when the case is closed). There is an elastic "handle" on the inside of the cover where you can slip in your left hand and easily hang on to the case single-handed.There is a stylus holder on the side. Sleep/wake function works well. (Seems even slimmer than the "ultra-slim" folio case, mainly because the part that covers the bezel on the ultra-slim adds a few millimeters.) Fantastic case!

(FYI: The first cases sent to me had issues with the sleep/wake function. But customer service at rooCASE is BEYOND amazing and they sent out replacement cases to me the day after I contacted them along with a prepaid return label for the defective ones.)

I highly recommend these cases! :)

2/2/13

Got an iHome case + Bluetooth keyboard today. Couldn't reply to the original thread so will just copy paste and add on to my first post with reviews. :)

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1359874863.137728.jpg

Tiburon41

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Otterbox Defender. Literally never touched the screen without it. Fantastic case, very unintrusive, and the built in screen protector is much better than I expected.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't care for the keyboard cases. You lose the ability to hold your iPad and use it in portrait mode.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Speck case. Form fitting, protects good and has many settings for holding it in video mode.

I just got my Speck FitFolio today and love it. I always love Speck products though. Protects well though it was a tight squeeze getting it in there. Like you said, many angles for video viewing and typing. I had been using a SmartCover and a POS clear case from X-Doria. Everyone do yourselves a favor and avoid that X-Doria clear shell. It cracked from simply being ON the iPad. No drops, nothing. You could watch the cracks creep their way down from the corners day by day. Just poor testing or quality control.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Spigen tough armor as good for the iPhone
5equ8etu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually really liking the new Apple smart case for the mini. Seems to be holding up well and it's somewhat fashionable. I bought the black one. It does it's job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigSaintDogs

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I got the leather apple case for my iPhone 5S and liked it so much I purchased the ple leather case combo covers for the GF iPad Mini and my iPad air. Great products.

If it's not a Saint it's just a Dog!
iPhone 5S 64G, iPad Air 128G LTE, MacBook Pro 17 2010, Apple TV, iPod Classic 160 G, Time Capsule 2T

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods