Best tough case ? - iPhone 5

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
How is the screen protector on the LP? I heard it wasn't the greatest.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

It's not bad. There is some air/space between screen and phone. Can't tell though when using the phone. It's very responsive. It more noticeable when in sleep mode.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It's not bad. There is some air/space between screen and phone. Can't tell though when using the phone. It's very responsive. It more noticeable when in sleep mode.

I saw some videos of the LP case and there seems to be a problem with the responsiveness of the screen protector. The one reviewer had a tough time texting with it. Has this been addressed?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I saw some videos of the LP case and there seems to be a problem with the responsiveness of the screen protector. The one reviewer had a tough time texting with it. Has this been addressed?

That was with first gen cases. The new ones are fine.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just returned my Otterbox Defender for the Griffin Survivor and I like the survivor better. It fits better and protects against dust. Plus it was cheaper.
After using so many different cases, as far as the OB defender goes compared to the Griffin Survivor....I'd pick the griffin survivor over the OB defender any day IF I was to use a case of that structure ever again:) I feel it is made better IMHO. The belt clip it comes with though is really cheesy compared to the defenders belt clip, but I never did use them(belt clips) anyway.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Was able to figure out what the problem was. The top of the case wasn't firmly snapped in. Everything seems to be fine now.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Some of the cases mentioned here have a hefty price tag...Not sure I would spend $100.00 or more on a case. I thought $60.00 for the otter box defender was a bit excessive.. I did purchase one and use it. I have a docking station/clock radio and can not use it for the defender case...Shame really I like the docking station/clock radio...

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I happen to come across a Griffin Survivor for $10 as a open box buy. It does what it does very well but I took it off after a day because of the thickness of it. It was just too bulky for my liking. It is a superb case for the protection but it just ruins the experience of having an iPhone 5. It felt more like I was using my old 4, and that's fine but then why did I buy a 5? I plan to use it when I go to places where the extra protection is needed however so it wasn't a total loss. I am just glad I didn't spend the $50-100 on the case or I would have been really disappointed.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I happen to come across a Griffin Survivor for $10 as a open box buy. It does what it does very well but I took it off after a day because of the thickness of it. It was just too bulky for my liking. It is a superb case for the protection but it just ruins the experience of having an iPhone 5. It felt more like I was using my old 4, and that's fine but then why did I buy a 5? I plan to use it when I go to places where the extra protection is needed however so it wasn't a total loss. I am just glad I didn't spend the $50-100 on the case or I would have been really disappointed.

It's only $35 brand new at any Walmart, not $50-$100.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Some of the cases mentioned here have a hefty price tag...Not sure I would spend $100.00 or more on a case. I thought $60.00 for the otter box defender was a bit excessive.. I did purchase one and use it. I have a docking station/clock radio and can not use it for the defender case...Shame really I like the docking station/clock radio...

I know good cases are more expensive but I would rather spend $80 once and not worry about my phone instead of having 3 or 4 $30 cases.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It's only $35 brand new at any Walmart, not $50-$100.

My apologies. But I was referring to not only the survivor (I was over $20 on that one sorry) but also the Otter Box Defender that is roughly $50 but the Life Proof that is selling at around $100. as all three cases are about the same thickness. I would have been upset if I would have bought the Life Proof and not be able to use it on a daily basis. But again I am sorry if I get any of the prices wrong as they are just estimates. :)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My apologies. But I was referring to not only the survivor (I was over $20 on that one sorry) but also the Otter Box Defender that is roughly $50 but the Life Proof that is selling at around $100. as all three cases are about the same thickness. I would have been upset if I would have bought the Life Proof and not be able to use it on a daily basis. But again I am sorry if I get any of the prices wrong as they are just estimates. :)

I use my lifeproof on a daily basis. It's the only case I have/use.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox defender or Armor....

Armor has 2 ton crush pressure.... Think that's as tough as it gets, but a bit bulky....

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Any one tried/used the Hitcase for the Iphone? I'm on the verge of purchasing a Life proof case. I read a lot of bad reviews.. The Hit case looks interesting

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I pulled the trigger and purchased a "LifeProof" case w/belt clip, Orange&black.. The sound quality is great no issues there and no touch screen issues..