30pin to lighting

Lbun2

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have an Isimple and my iPhone5 that isn't charging. The products in play are Isimple with 30pin connector and apples 30pin-lighting adapter. So here are the trouble shooting I have done. Took the Adapter inside the house and it works. Took my wife's iPhone 4S and tested the 30pin Isimple harness and that works. So where am I losing the connection????

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an Isimple and my iPhone5 that isn't charging. The products in play are Isimple with 30pin connector and apples 30pin-lighting adapter. So here are the trouble shooting I have done. Took the Adapter inside the house and it works. Took my wife's iPhone 4S and tested the 30pin Isimple harness and that works. So where am I losing the connection????

I’m betting on the iSimple product.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Question is the...why is it charging the ip4s?

There is a special authentication chip in the lightning cables and adapters that allows the i5 to charge on them. The iSimple may not have a chip that's properly authenticating the signal to the 5. It'll still charge 30 pin devices, though. I had a 3rd party cable that wouldn't charge my i5, too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods