3rd Generation Lifeproof Cases problems fixed!

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I just received my 3rd lifeproof case in the mail and I am pleased to announce that all previous problems with the case have been fixed! First case I had, had the "pillowing" effect on the top and the bottom of the iPhone, had the high pitched noise come out of the earpiece, and couldn't end a call. I got my 2nd case, still had the "pillowing" effect on the top and the bottom, but not as bad as the first generation. It fixed the high pitched noise and the ability to end a call. The only reason I sent it back was because they sent me the wrong color. Very good customer service. Got my 3rd case in the mail today, and I am pleased to announce this 3rd gen case is much, much better! No "pillowing", no high pitched noise from the earpiece, and can end a call! Slim, sleek, waterproof, dust proof, etc and can fit easily in the pocket. Sound is much better too! Overall a 10/10 for sure!

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear, the LifeProof customer support is second to none in my opinion and I can't wait to pick up my new iphone 5 tomorrow night and wack it in a lifeproof case.

Tap'n Like A Boss while grilling on my Weber.

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
This is great news! I was trying to weigh my decision on getting the warranty replacement or trying to wait a month or so until the Armor series from Otterbox comes to the market. If the problems are all worked out, this case will work great for me. Thanks for passing this along!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sadly I had to invoke a warranty exchange as well. The "subwoofer" is broken in mine and makes my case rattle and sound staticky without earphones in. I should have it next week, I work out of town and am having it sent to my house.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Got my new LifeProof earlier this week but only just got home. First thing I noticed were the plastic tabs on the back case to prevent the sound distortion, it is water tight and the screen protector sits flush. Much better than my first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I spoke too soon, my mute switch doesn't line up right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

How exactly does your mute switch not line up properly? Every case is made from the same mould so there for no ones mute switch would line up if this was the case.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
How exactly does your mute switch not line up properly? Every case is made from the same mould so there for no ones mute switch would line up if this was the case.

Don't know but the case wouldn't toggle the switch.

Mobile engaged, message transmitted

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't know but the case wouldn't toggle the switch.

I'm thinking you should watch the installation videos a little closer, take the headphone plug out slide the top side with the mute switch in first then press all over the back to get it right in the pit the plug back in and snap the back on.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking you should watch the installation videos a little closer, take the headphone plug out slide the top side with the mute switch in first then press all over the back to get it right in the pit the plug back in and snap the back on.

I did before I put it on my iP4, not my first LifeProof and the first bad one would toggle the switch, not sure what the issue is, everything else worked perfectly.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

There is a thread on either here or icafe, where someone went over this in detail with pics and arrows pointing to the changes, if you search hard enough, you will find it.
From what I remember, there was no foam on the top front, 2 foam pieces on either mid sidewall of the front part and 2 foam pieces in the center line of the back. They also gave a range of serial numbers.
I have sent in for 4 replacements so far and have not received a satisfactory one. My issue was that the front screen was raised and at the top it was unresponsive. I removed the foam piece myself and it worked much better. I also removed the small plastic piece that I think is covering the proximity sensor and the screen is great now. Only thing is that the sensor does not function well now and screen stays on when I am on a call so my cheek hits the buttons at times. So I put the plastics thing back on and evidently not in the exact spot, because now it raises the screen so that the "end call" button is non functional.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods