Lifeproof iPhone 5 Questions

Spaz888

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lifeproof Questions

I was looking at a few cases that are water proof. None I found to be acceptable. Any manufacturer that only offers a 1 year warranty on their case is dismissed immediately. Reviews and critics for both the Otterbox and Lifeforce are not good.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site

I tried a Lifeproof case with my 4S last year and the gap between the phone screen and the case screen made tapping impossible! I took it back to Best Buy immediately. Unless you're using your phone in a very risky environment, it's a deal breaker. Doesn't sound like their iPhone 5 case is any better, but I haven't tried it (heck, I've discovered that the 5 must stay naked unless, as I said, you're in a bad environment).

Except for risky jobs or extreme sports or whatever, I can't see why anyone would use this case.
It sounds like the device was not installed properly.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Lifeproof Questions

I tried a Lifeproof case with my 4S last year and the gap between the phone screen and the case screen made tapping impossible! I took it back to Best Buy immediately. Unless you're using your phone in a very risky environment, it's a deal breaker. Doesn't sound like their iPhone 5 case is any better, but I haven't tried it (heck, I've discovered that the 5 must stay naked unless, as I said, you're in a bad environment).

Except for risky jobs or extreme sports or whatever, I can't see why anyone would use this case.

I used one on the 4 then used it on the 4S. Used for over a year combined without issue. Bought one for my 5 and love it.

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Lifeproof Questions

I took the Zagg off and it helped. No more black spots. The sensitivity is a little improved but I'm sure it'll just take getting used to.

Final note: is the sound quality playing through the iPhone speakers supposed to suck when you put the case on?

I had a life proof case with my 4S but now I have the 5 and have not purchased it so I can't say from first hand experience about the sound issue. With my 4S I had a muffed sound coming out of the case. But I found that if I held the bottom piece really tight the sound would come out better. So I exchanged it since I was within my 30 days and the sound from the life proof came out really good. So it was the case, maybe you should try a different one

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

I've had lifeproof cases on my 4, my 4S and now my 5, you do give up a little bit of speaker quality for music, BUT waterproof, dustproof, and it's amazing, there is nothing better then being able to remove your device when you want to sell it and having it look like it came out of the box the day you bought it, no dust or dirt in the dock connector opening, speaker grilles, nothing.... this case is NOT just for extreme sports

ever hear horror stories of a phone accidentally getting dropped in the toilet ? someone accidentally spill a drink or a beer on a table and your phone is in its path.... you want the resale of the device to be top notch ? so when you say it's flawless and just like the day it came out of the box.... ? it WILL be... this is the BEST case hands down with very few VERY MINOR cons... that certainly are a speed bump in the road to all the PROS....

I even installed on my iPad 3 just in case... someone spills a drink on my iPad i highly doubt they'll fork over almost $1000....

When I had my 5 and the case wasn't out... I hated it lol just my 2? worth

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I bought a Lifeproof case earlier this year in anticipation of doing the Tough Mudder (wanted to take video with my iPhone using a GoPro harness). Though I was paranoid that my phone would be unusable after 13 miles of pure hell (loved it!), the Lifeproof case protected it like a champ - and I have the video to prove it. When I upgrade to the iPhone 5 in a few days (can't wait), I'm definitely getting one for my new toy.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I picked up a Lifeproof case for my iPhone 5 today. I'm just wondering a couple things.

I find my sensitivity isn't as great. I have to push down harder for it to work. Is this normal? I can't really light tap anymore.

Yes. For my LP it is.

Also, I keep getting black appearing on the screen protector part. Like a weird mark that goes away when I take the case off, but keeps appearing when I put it on.

Like water bubbles between the screen and the case?

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

I was very dissapointed with my LifeProof case for my iPhone 5 after liking the 4S's case so much. It messed with the sensor way too much and wouldn't shut off the screen when I was on the phone and my face would always press buttons on the screen. Total waste of money and glad I returned it for my $80 back.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Lifeproof Questions

I honestly don't understand the issues people are having with the new case vs the old one...I've had both and the one for the 5 to me is just like the old one but sized for the 5. The same issues are present from what I can tell. But like I said earlier, after exchanging mine for a different one at bestbuy it is a lot better, but it was completely bearable to begin with IMO.

anon(1458)

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site

Ive had a lifeproof case in the past on the 4s and I wasnt that impressed. Also, me and a few other friends could barely even hear when the case was on. Callers also said the same thing with us.

theshanextm

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I honestly don't understand the issues people are having with the new case vs the old one...I've had both and the one for the 5 to me is just like the old one but sized for the 5. The same issues are present from what I can tell. But like I said earlier, after exchanging mine for a different one at bestbuy it is a lot better, but it was completely bearable to begin with IMO.

I had it for the 4S and didn't have any of the issues I've heard about them. The 5 case I got the day it came out and had issues upon issues with it. It would pass the water test, but when I put my phone inside there would be water on my phone, the sound was absolutely terrible compared to the 4S version, I gave that to my mom and compared them. It just seemed rushed and incomplete. I returned mine and am much happier without it. I am hoping they fix some of the issues I had with it because I loved my case for the 4S

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Lifeproof Questions

I had it for the 4S and didn't have any of the issues I've heard about them. The 5 case I got the day it came out and had issues upon issues with it. It would pass the water test, but when I put my phone inside there would be water on my phone, the sound was absolutely terrible compared to the 4S version, I gave that to my mom and compared them. It just seemed rushed and incomplete. I returned mine and am much happier without it. I am hoping they fix some of the issues I had with it because I loved my case for the 4S

Try one now.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Lifeproof Questions

Where did you buy your lifeproof case? i saw that on amazon, but not sure whether i should buy one, for gift.
does it really waterproof/?

i saw many other vendor also sell this,, with very low price?? how about that? IS that good???

If you don't buy it from authorized retailer then they will not warrantee the case. Usually too good to be true is just that.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Lifeproof Questions

I have an iphone4s. I bought a lifeproof case back in June - I didnt like it because of the muffled sound and the touch screen sensitivity issue. I returned it. Since then i have watched the reviews on this case and decided i would give it another try since the otterbox wp case isnt out yet and im leaving for Puerto Rico tomm on vacation.
Amazon.com had one on sale for $40. (Green)Its shipped and sold by amazon so its legit, not a fake - (checked with lifeproof to confirm this) anyway, I hoped that because its the colored case version it would be improved over the last one i purchased. I have not had any problems all day. The touch screen is perfect. No space - it fits snug. No "watermarks" under the screen. The sound is good both when i play music and take a call. VERY happy with the case this time around. There is no foam in the case like I've read in some reviews.
At that price this case is well worth it! Looking forward to taking lots of pics on the beach and in the rainforest/waterfalls without worrying about the phone getting wet!
Merry Christmas :)

JSCZEB

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Ditto,
I'm on the 4th interation of the Iphone 5 case,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1st two had sound and proximity sensor issues, 3rd and 4th corrected sound but still had proximity sensor issues....Calls to LifeProof is ridiculous especially with the 30 + min wait time on the phone and a customer service dept that doesn't know if their shipping product that is correct or not....... Latest case I recieved directly from them was on 12/21 with same issues......I'm done since their quailty with this case is dreadful.....Thumbs up on the 4s device but I'm tired of calling and emailing a company that continues to just swap product.

Arioniti

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Why in my lifeproof waters enetrs in iphone ? The lifeproof is real
But i dont remove screen protector , is this the problem ?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods