Are there any hardware clock/docks for iPhone 5 or iPod Touch 5?

pbertling

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So, I have an iHome Audio ia5 alarm clock/dock that I got when I had an iPhone 4. It worked great with all of my cases and covers, etc. However, I then upgraded to the iPhone 5 and had to buy the Lightning to 30-pin adapter to get it to work with the ia5 and have only found one compatible case that works with the adapter. We bought our daughter an iPod Touch 5 for Christmas and we want to get her an alarm clock/dock for it, but we don't want to deal with the adapter issue that I am having with the iPhone. Does anyone have any idea or any recommendations for alarm clock/docks for either the iPhone 5 or iPod Touch 5?:confused:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Or get the adapter?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

They have the adapter. They'd rather just have a dock that's already
lightning ready so that they don't have problems with the casings and
the adpater.

I've found that the adapter with the small cable has a fatter end around
the lighting dock than the USB cable does. I wish I knew why that was.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So, I have an iHome Audio ia5 alarm clock/dock that I got when I had an iPhone 4. It worked great with all of my cases and covers, etc. However, I then upgraded to the iPhone 5 and had to buy the Lightning to 30-pin adapter to get it to work with the ia5 and have only found one compatible case that works with the adapter. We bought our daughter an iPod Touch 5 for Christmas and we want to get her an alarm clock/dock for it, but we don't want to deal with the adapter issue that I am having with the iPhone. Does anyone have any idea or any recommendations for alarm clock/docks for either the iPhone 5 or iPod Touch 5?:confused:

I went through the same thing recent no have an iHome and got the iPhone 5. I emailed iHome and received two responses. The first said new iHomes with the lightning adapter will be available on January/Quarter 1. It's a shame they are going to miss the holiday season.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative