iPhone apple charger

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering I have 2 chargers now that the charger brick is loose when plugging in the USB cable ... These are both ones that came with phone not aftermarket ... Then being loose causes phone not to charge at times unless you wiggle the USB in the charger .. I have swapped cables and it is the charger itself ...

Will apple replace these ?
One is under a year old and the other I'm not sure ... Does it matter ? And can they tell ?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
you can try this charger :Generic Lightning to 30 pin Adapter High Quality for iPhone 5
Descriptions:

Apple Lightning to 30pin Adapter High Quality for iPhone 5 and new Generation iDevices.
This adapter lets you connect devices with a Lightning connector to many of your 30-pin accessories.
Support for analog audio output, USB audio, as well as syncing and charging.
Video output not supported.
This accessory is compatible with the following: iPhone 5, iPod Touch 5th Gen, iPod Nano 7th Gen.
Video and iPod Out not supported.

Hope it's useful for you.

iphone-5case.com

Wish we could block spam

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wish we could block spam

In the past I have had Apple replace the cable itself due to defects - the cable comes out of the 30-pin connector end of the cable. If you are still under warranty, it should not be an issue to get Apple to replace it. Take it to a Genius bar and see what they say. If they won’t replace it, I would urge you to replace the charger block with the new 12-watt iPad charger for $19. I just bought a couple because they charge both the iPhone and the iPads faster, and are 100% compatible, per Apple's website.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
In the past I have had Apple replace the cable itself due to defects - the cable comes out of the 30-pin connector end of the cable. If you are still under warranty, it should not be an issue to get Apple to replace it. Take it to a Genius bar and see what they say. If they won?t replace it, I would urge you to replace the charger block with the new 12-watt iPad charger for $19. I just bought a couple because they charge both the iPhone and the iPads faster, and are 100% compatible, per Apple's website.

I had enough spares for it not to be a big deal and I now have a iPhone 5 but this one is for my sis so if I an get it replaced so she has another she will be happy ..

I thought iPad chargers were 10 watt ?

I have used my iPad ones before on my phones

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had enough spares for it not to be a big deal and I now have a iPhone 5 but this one is for my sis so if I an get it replaced so she has another she will be happy ..

I thought iPad chargers were 10 watt ?

I have used my iPad ones before on my phones

They were 10 watt until the iPad Mini and iPad 4gen... the new ones are 12 watts (2.1 amps)... a 20% increase in output that cut charge time for the iPad 3rd gen iPads by about 45-60 minutes.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
They were 10 watt until the iPad Mini and iPad 4gen... the new ones are 12 watts (2.1 amps)... a 20% increase in output that cut charge time for the iPad 3rd gen iPads by about 45-60 minutes.

Cool I ordered my wife a mini for Xmas ill get it the 20th I figured since I was in no rush I got it engraved lol

I have a appt so ill see what they say did they replace the 10 watt in store with the 12 and kept the 5 for phones ?

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if they will replace a charger. I know that they'll replace a phone pretty easily so it would make sense for them to give you a new charger. Their customer service is probably the best in the world so I would be extremely surprised if they don't. Let us know how it goes. Thanks :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Cool I ordered my wife a mini for Xmas ill get it the 20th I figured since I was in no rush I got it engraved lol

I have a appt so ill see what they say did they replace the 10 watt in store with the 12 and kept the 5 for phones ?

Yes, I believe so. The iPhone/iPod charger block is a small cube about 1" in each dimension that puts out 5 watts. The iPad charger is about 2x2x1 and has the removable power plug connector... the old ones were 10 watts, but the new ones are 12 watts... according to the Apple website, the 12 watt chargers are also safe for all models of all products (iPhone, iPod and iPad).

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I believe so. The iPhone/iPod charger block is a small cube about 1" in each dimension that puts out 5 watts. The iPad charger is about 2x2x1 and has the removable power plug connector... the old ones were 10 watts, but the new ones are 12 watts... according to the Apple website, the 12 watt chargers are also safe for all models of all products (iPhone, iPod and iPad).

Ya I know the difference I have 3 iPads in the house and now two 5 and a two 4 and 2 apple TVs
Haha and a mini on the way ... And a airport express lol

Just got back from apple
They replace the cable and charger all I needed was a serial number from phone under warranty
They actually only need it if you get parts from Genius Bar
She was going to give them to me without a serial since I didn't have phone with me

She gave me charger right off the floor no serial but they didn't have cables on floor so she needed serial number to get one from Genius Bar

All and all good service

Side note the had all lightning cables and adapters in stock lol

And she said they don't actually get the minis in store till tomorrow at 630am she said its unlike other releases norm they get them night before

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro