Otterbox Defender...Color wearing off???

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have had my otterbox defender for about two weeks now and love the new style and colors. My question though is that the color of the silicone layer seems to be rubbing off. I ordered the punk color and the dark blue is quickly turning a very light shade of blue and in some spots is turning white.

Is anybody else's defender doing this??? Also, does this warrant an exchange under their warranty???

Thanks,
zachpenguin

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Where did you buy the case? I'd had several Otterbox cases for the iPhone 4S and none of them had the color wear off. The silicone on my Defender warped/stretched out and they sent me a new one under the warranty - I'm sure your issue would be covered.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I ordered it from Otterbox directly. They used a new type from the 4S and I love it way more it just seems to be wearing really easily.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well if you ordered directly from Otterbox I'd just give them a call and explain the situation. I'm 99.99% they'll replace it - all you might have to do is snap a few pictures and email them over. Someone's if you order from Amazon or another 3rd party site, there's a good chance you'll get a knock off. When I did my replacement through Otterbox it took exactly one week to get a replacement. They're awesome!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I always forget about the online submission... I originally tried using that form and it didn't work (I never received a confirmation email) so I called them up... Apparently something got stuck and my warranty request went from 1 replacement case to 4... Had to call them up and get it sorted out...

blackburberry

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I just dealt with otterbox on a defender series case that stretched out and wouldn't seal on my old ip4. I found their customer service to be beyond excellent and received a replacement in 4 days. From what I can see the new case has a different silicone composition, which appears a little more rigid and seals better around the outer edges..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73