Why so many screen protectors?

tlgem

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just curious why so many people on this forum are using screen protectors
on an oleofobic (spelling) coated glass screen??
Nothing wrong If you want to thats your choice :)
I have never had a problem with scratches on a glass cellphone screen
My take is they just make the screen less sensitive & get smudged easier & faster
than the bare screen

If someone comes up with a good reason to use one maybe I'll try one

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Screen is scratch resistant but not scratch proof. I once scratched my i4. Used a screen protector ever since. Just choice. I pay a lot of hard earned money for my 64GB. I want to protect it.

They also don't make the screen less sensitive. I also use the SGP Oleophobic screen protector. Feels just like the screen itself.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I cannot speak for other people, but for me its peace of mind. Not to mention I usually always sell my iPhone prior to getting the next version. The key to getting top dollar is a scratch free almost new looking device. I've actually always paid for the bulk of my cost by reselling. I also do a case and honestly it isn't that I am careful or handle it with kid cloves I really don't. However, a screen protector and cases allow me not to have to worry about it. Ultimately I want to get a year or so use out of then get top dollar for it. Thus far that has always worked!

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The Otterbox defender, by FAR my favorite for iPhone 4 and 5 has one built in. My 2 year old iPhone 4 that was just sold looked brand new because of the case/screen protector. Would it not have if it was not in a case? Not sure, all I know is what works. :)

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
screen protectors arent bad to what people make it out to be. ive always had my devices with a screen protector. when i used the blackberry brand every single device had a screen protector. my 4S had and so does my 5 since day one. i use clear screen protectors i buy cheap from ebay. these do the job well and you can barely noticed it has one. i buy like 5-10. i change them every 1 month or so. when its time to sale my phone the screen is flawless. even on the iphone i do not notice any lag from the screen. screen protectors are like extra cheap insurance to protect your screen thats all.

tlgem

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So far its a choice thing not that anyone has had or seen damage to the screen surface on the Iphone's over time from normal use.
So far Im not convinced that I would want to try them :)
Thanks for the feed back so far

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The screen still can scratch. It isn't gorilla glass.

agreed. bare naked non protector screen will get tiny scratches. with a screen protector in place no scratches what so ever. unless you drop it direct contact with a hard surface or scratch it on purpose. i have never had any lag or issues with a clear screen protector on my iphone. never.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Peace of mind too, the protectors I use are usually very good and you can hardly see it's there, the resale value of my phones are usually pretty high since I take very good care of my stuff.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Screen is scratch resistant but not scratch proof. I once scratched my i4. Used a screen protector ever since. Just choice. I pay a lot of hard earned money for my 64GB. I want to protect it.

They also don't make the screen less sensitive. I also use the SGP Oleophobic screen protector. Feels just like the screen itself.

Never mind, I found it..

Last edited:

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I did a blind test with my two iphone 5's ( wife and me ), I installed the first clear screen protector on my phone and left my wife's without one, I left only the screen of the phones uncovered and asked her which one had the protector and she wasn't able to tell.
a good protector doesn't really sacrifice on screen quality.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
As long as you use protection lol

That is all that matters. some like a new out of the box screen feel or some like a matte finish feel.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Why do you hate the SGP protectors ??

Not only did they not work, they also bubbled up on the end of the left side on my iPhone 5. I only have the original ones that they sent me as the replacements that they promised to ship out to me never came. I had to go through my CC company in order to get a full refund for this faulty product. The Clear Moshi iVisor XT screen protector that I ordered should be here soon, and I'll finally be able to take this one off. iPhone 5 Screen Protector | iVisor XT White | Bubble Free | Moshi

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Not only did they not work, they also bubbled up on the end of the left side on my iPhone 5. I only have the original ones that they sent me as the replacements that they promised to ship out to me never came. I had to go through my CC company in order to get a full refund for this faulty product. The Clear Moshi iVisor XT screen protector that I ordered should be here soon, and I'll finally be able to take this one off. iPhone 5 Screen Protector | iVisor XT White | Bubble Free | Moshi

My wife and I are ing using SGP Oleophobic. No bubbling at all. Not sure how they went bad on you. I swear by these.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro