Any suggestions for a car-mount for the iPhone 5 in a Prius?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
No one here drives a Prius (or will admit to it)?

Most generic vent mounts work with vents that have horizontal slits. The Prius vent is different (with small-height vertical slits).

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Not really Prius-specific, though I use this one in mine (2010). You have the option of the beanbag mount which is very stable, or suction cup to the windshield.

Amazon.com: Arkon Weighted Friction Dash Mount for Universal Phone, Smartphone and PDA-Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
Thanks. I am more inclined to go for a vent mount or something closer than the dash, in case one has to touch the screen like when using music/phone apps on the iPhone. Also, the audio jack is in the armrest and not on the face-plate of the radio.. which makes the wiring simpler if the iPhone is closer to the armrest. Besides, I have a bean-bag for my Garmin sitting on the dash.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I am more inclined to go for a vent mount or something closer than the dash, in case one has to touch the screen like when using music/phone apps on the iPhone. Also, the audio jack is in the armrest and not on the face-plate of the radio.. which makes the wiring simpler if the iPhone is closer to the armrest. Besides, I have a bean-bag for my Garmin sitting on the dash.

I don't route any wires anywhere just the voice itself. Also if you have the Garmin there isn't the iPhone redundant?

billybaldin

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
We use the universal mounts from Verizon it goes in a vent or is a dash sticky. We use the vent adaptor. It works very well.

Rangers516

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I found this mount for the Prius. I have an enormous phone (Note II). I am a daily driver and use it everyday. it's called the Nimbus mount 81hMqprSXlL__SL1500_.jpg

I can't post links but it available on amazon

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
RokForm V3 case with the windshield mount. www.rokform.com pic of my mount. Great think is the mount can be used with any V3 cases from iPhone 5-to every new iPhone.
1b05d9e17f3e9f4570c37268cb26beb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I prefer ventilation shaft mounts over any other mount. And it allows your phone to cool off in hot days. When you have the heater on, just close the vent so the phone doesn't overheat.

The following picture is of an old mount, which I drilled holes in to allow cold air to reach the back of the phone. Originally it was for the 3 series iPhones, but with those white anti scratch stickers it's even fine for the iPhone 6. Don't mind the audio jack, because I removed it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437419668.734595.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Isn't those magnetic holders interfering with the signal, nfc and all??? How about long term?

Magnets could not be good on phones, I suppose

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2