Thinking about getting one. Looks really nice. Anyone have experience with it? Also does anyone know if its compatible with Gear4 Icebox Edge?
    Thanks
    10-04-2012 10:24 AM
    I have been the goto guy among my friends and coworkers for screen protector installs and advise. I have an issue with perfection

I picked up the Glas.t for the iPhone5 before the phone was even released so I could protect the screen right after I took the iPhone out of the box.

It was my first experience with the Glas.t, but not SGP products. I have been using those on all of my devices for years.

I LOVE THE GLAS.T I will not use any other screen shield anymore. It is 100% just like the stock glass, except BETTER!!! It barley shows finger prints. Install was easy as long as you take your time to make sure the screen is clean, because it is not like a regular screen shield with the ability to peel back a little to get dust out.

It comes with a few home button stickers since the screen shield is thinker than regular shields, but I like that. It give my phone a unique look.

I am going to order them for my other iPhones and the kids iPod touchs too
    10-04-2012 11:02 AM
    Post deleted.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 10-04-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    10-04-2012 11:31 AM
    Good to hear the positive reviews of the Glass.t protectors. I like the idea of a more glass look and feel. I have used the Spigen screen protectors in the past but not the Glass.t, I have heard its not easy to install and given the price point you really only get 1 shot at it. Was it difficult to install, any recommendations on installation?
    10-06-2012 10:37 PM
    When you install, make sure you take your time to get it lined up perfectly. Rund your fingers around the edges to make sure it's lined up right. It is a shame you only get one shot, but even if it's a tad off, it's still 1000% better than anything else on the market.
    10-06-2012 10:55 PM
    I actually took mine off and re-installed it. As long as you lift it off slowly and don't flex it you can redo it.
    10-07-2012 04:34 PM
    Is this a thin sheet of glass? Or is it hard plastic? Why is it so much better then a normal spg or power support film? You get two sheets of film for about 12$ or so and you can adjust as needed when compared to the one shot of the glas.t.

I don't see the advantages to the glas.t but like to hear more about them.
    10-07-2012 05:21 PM
    Is this a thin sheet of glass? Or is it hard plastic? Why is it so much better then a normal spg or power support film? You get two sheets of film for about 12$ or so and you can adjust as needed when compared to the one shot of the glas.t.

I don't see the advantages to the glas.t but like to hear more about them.
    I don't have one because I like my iPhones naked, but yes the glas.t is a thin sheet of glass. Many people want a protector and don't like the feel of the plasticky films, so the glas.t is another option for them because it still feels like glass.
    10-07-2012 07:38 PM
    The SGP Glas.T is fantastic.

Why would you bother with it over a plastic/vinyl screen protector? In my experience, every screen protector I've ever used has added an element of resistance when moving my finger around the screen. Vinyl one's (Bodyguardz, Invisibleshield, etc) seem to have add a lot of resistance, but then don't really scuff or scratch. Plastic one's add less resistance but scuff up really badly making the screen hard view in sunlight.

The Glas.T feels like you're touching your iPhone screen, not a screen protector. Your fingers/thumb slide around smoothly with no resistance, and the there is no drop in sensitivity. The Glas.T is harder than plastic so does not scuff very easily. I have scratched them before by keeping the phone in my jeans pocket with my keys, but that was a dumb thing to do. I'd rather scratch a Glas.T which I can remove if/when I come to sell my phone, than scratch the actual screen.

My only word of warning is that the Glas.T is not as strong as the actual iPhone screen. Due to the Glas.T sitting up from the screen you get a slight lip which can chip if you drop the phone. This is disappointing because it can really spoil the look of the phone (but at least you can just replace the Glas.T!). I have dropped the iPhone without a Glas.T on it and the screen doesn't chip, so I believe it to because the Glas.T has this extra lip (which you never notice or feel when using/looking at it, but I needed to point it out for the purpose of this explanation).

Both my wife and I have dropped our phones onto concrete whilst a Glas.T has been on and whilst mine only chipped, hers shattered. She was so relieved when I pulled off the Glas.T to show a mint iPhone 4 screen underneath (no chips, scratches or damage) that she insisted I immediately order her another one and get it installed. (Typical woman, she complained about the price the first time I put it on, but now she won't accept anything else). I have the Glas.T on my iPad 3, her iPhone 4, my old iPhone 4 and am just waiting on delivery of my iPhone 5 one. I won't ever use a vinyl/plastic screen protector again.

In summary, the Glas.T looks and feels like you don't have a screen protector on, but your screen is definitely protected!

UPDATE: I forgot to mention about compatibility with cases as one person asked. There is not much gap between the edge of the glass and the edge of the physical screen (0.3mm ish) so cases that come over sides of the phone might be an issue. I used a Case Mate Barely There case with my 4 and a Glas.T and it was fine, as the case barely comes over the screen
    Last edited by TheMaccaUK; 10-08-2012 at 06:19 AM.
    10-08-2012 04:17 AM
    They have a new line of GLAS.t out called the GLAS.t R. The R stands for rounded and according to their site, the edges are rounded so it's more chip resistant. It is a tad more expensive than the GLAS.t tho, $34.99 compared to $27.99. Anyone interested or ordered already?

Link: iPhone 5 Screen Protector GLAS.tR Premium Tempered Glass Series | SPIGEN SGP
    Attached Thumbnails SGP Glas.t screen protector-iphone5_glastr01_0000_iphone5.jpg  
    10-10-2012 07:17 PM
    Is it a one shot only application?
    10-11-2012 02:11 AM
    Is it a one shot only application?
    Sorta. If you drop it and the adhesive starts spreading throughout, then you sorta stuck. If you remove it, it'll never stick the same way and you'll get bubbles. However, if you drop it but the adhesive didn't adhere to the screen yet, you can very carefully lift it and do it again. Also, you have to make sure to stick from the middle and have the glue spread outwards.
    10-11-2012 07:28 PM
    Sounds like a quality screen protector is a better and safer bet then this. The new ones feel pretty much like the screen.
    10-12-2012 09:03 AM
    I have used the 'off the shelf' screen protectors before, settling for a Phantom Skinz. However, I read such good reviews of the glas.t I thought I would give it a shot. I was extra concerned as I use an Otterbox Defender and was worried about the glas.t added thickness.

Well the glas.t is without doubt the best screen protector I have ever used. Just feels so smooth and just doesn't show any fingermarks.

Fits in my OBD no problem.

Very nervous fitting it, but in the end patience is a virtue.

Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-12-2012 03:24 PM
    Too pricy for me. Quality power support or sgp crystal screen protectors work just as well, allow for error, are cheap, and you get 4-6 of them for the price of one of these. Of they start to show wear, pull it off and put a new one on simple as that. Don't have to worry about bubbles during application, chips, or fitting in cases.

Neat idea, but over all poorly executed.
    10-13-2012 07:34 AM
    Nah. Buy once, fit and forget. The smoothness of the glas.t compared to all the others I have tried is superb.

Like cheap clothes, you get what you pay for.

Your call.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-13-2012 07:45 AM
    Power support Crystal and SGP Crystal are very smooth and feel almost like the glass of the iPhone itself.

To each their own. I would rather be able to have multiple chances to put something on. And if it gets ruined in the slightest I can just replace it.
    10-13-2012 08:34 AM
    I thought at first its scratch resistant i guess im wrong.bought mine last week and so far i really like it until this morning when i clean my i5 screen and saw 2 scratches.im not sure if its there prior to the installation or it actually scratches in my pocket.can you guys pls. thoroughly Check your screen for me and report back.thanks
    10-13-2012 12:03 PM