Otterbox defender

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
So I bought the defender and have had it for iPhone 5 for about a week. Has anyone else noticed the rubber piece getting chewed up by the belt clip?

Pocobear

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I have had mine since intro day, 9/21/12, and have had no problems with any wear anywhere on the case or phone. Exactly where are you seeing the wear on the rubber case?

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I kept it in. Definitely want to pop it out but I also like the fact that I can use my phone with wet hands and not worry about it leaking of bad

*** btw I called otter box an all warranty issues are being handled directly through the retailer as of now per otter box. So I'm going back to AT&T

Pocobear

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
OP, check the clip on the belt holder, maybe there's some left over plastic flashing, that's too rough. Maybe a nail file and little elbow grease would make it smother, and less likely to scratch.
Matt, I kept my screen protector on. I have used the Otter Box Defender on all my iDevices with the screen protector on. I see little difference on or off a far as touch is concerned. And I have never broken or cracked a screen yet, on iPad 1, iPod Touch G1 & G4, iPad 3, iPhone 4, and now iPhone 5. Knock on wood! I for one, don't want to be part of that 6 billion dollars that others have spent fixing their iDevices, because they didn't provide proper protection for their iDevices. Accidents happen. And yes it can still break, even in a case, but it puts the odds a lot higher that it won't break. Sorry for my rant. I just see so many people breaking their iDevices, and having to replace them, at full retail price, ouch!

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
To add to the above post, I have quickly gotten used to the screen protector on the otter box. It's like it almost forms as you use it.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Had a defender on the 4s. Have one on my five as well. But this time I decided to pop out the screen and let zagg take over there. Definitely prefer the newer defender over the old style. OP i l know firsthand that otterbox issues replacements directly. I had one done last month.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
So I bought the defender and have had it for iPhone 5 for about a week. Has anyone else noticed the rubber piece getting chewed up by the belt clip?

I've had it on since day of release... I've no had the issue you have mentioned. perhaps your not seating the Bottom end of the phone correctly before you click it into place. mine to getting used to because I would try to lock it into place but it wouldn't click because it wasn't seated right and would catch on Rubber edge...It might sound dumb but sometimes the simple stuff is the fix

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Had a defender on the 4s. Have one on my five as well. But this time I decided to pop out the screen and let zagg take over there. Definitely prefer the newer defender over the old style. OP i l know firsthand that otterbox issues replacements directly. I had one done last month.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I have had them done in the past as well, but due to there high production demand the rep said all retailers are responsible for this until further notice and AT&T agreed

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had it on since day of release... I've no had the issue you have mentioned. perhaps your not seating the Bottom end of the phone correctly before you click it into place. mine to getting used to because I would try to lock it into place but it wouldn't click because it wasn't seated right and would catch on Rubber edge...It might sound dumb but sometimes the simple stuff is the fix

Nope I have tried the simple stuff. The rubber is just being chewed up