When I'm eligible to upgrade (Oct. 9), I will be getting an iPhone5 (now a Droid X owner). To make the wait feel "lighter", I've decided to get the case first. I am looking at the Flip as I mostly dock my iPod now, and since I'll be transferring my music to the iPhone, I know I will be docking it a lot.

Anyone own this case that would like to chime in, good or bad? Or does anyone have any other easily dockable cases to recommend?

Thx...
    09-26-2012 11:23 AM
    Candyshells are great cases- The Flip does make make me a bit nervous though with the additional "hinge" type area at the bottom that allows it to be docked. Anyone else know how it holds up?
    09-26-2012 12:37 PM
    I have never had a "Flip" CandyShell but have had many regular CandyShells. They are nice cases but the glossy and smooth texture tends to scuff easily.

Also, remember that the iPhone 5 has a different charging port. It will not fit on a regular Apple dock without the Lightning to 30 pin adapter. Since the adapter's aren't available yet, I'm not sure how well using a dock with an iPhone 5 will be. I'm thinking that it may make the iPhone sit too high on the dock and make it top heavy. Just my initial thoughts. I could be totally wrong on that. I guess we'll find out when the adapter is released.

I've heard that Apple does not plan on releasing a dock for the iPhone 5 so because of that it may work just fine on the current dock with the new adapter. Of course there will eventually be lots of 3rd party docks that will work fine.
    09-27-2012 01:41 PM
    I have used the Candy Shell Flip before and it holds up really, really well... The "hinge" is actually made out of the same silicone as the rest of the case... I'm considering either picking up the Flip or an Incase so that I can dock the iPhone 5 with my iHome... I am wondering if the phone (even if it is significantly lighter) will be too top heavy... Hopefully I can test it out in store before making the jump...
    09-27-2012 01:54 PM
    The candy shell breaks below the home button. Looks good through. I won't be buying another though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    09-27-2012 01:56 PM
    The candy shell breaks below the home button. Looks good through. I won't be buying another though.

Hank, how long have you been using a CandyShell? I have a white/black one on my iPhone 4S and it's been great for almost 6 months now...
    09-27-2012 04:22 PM
    LOVE the Speck Candyshells and Flips! I use the flip on my 4S at home and a mophie juice pack when out. I don't really use a dock anymore but I like using the flips because they are so much easier to remove. Have had a few Candyshells for almost a year and they have held up really well.
    09-28-2012 02:57 AM
    Hank, how long have you been using a CandyShell? I have a white/black one on my iPhone 4S and it's been great for almost 6 months now...
    I had it for four months. It was the flip model. I bought it at the verizon store while at the same time I was buying my phone. It is a good looking case though, but that thin piece below the home button is very flimsy and one tug on it while trying to get it out of the pocket and SNAP! The silicon border also grips well in your pocket adding to the difficulty of getting it out of your pocket. I am now using the Belkin 050 and this case is super nice. There is no way this case can break.

09-29-2012 11:00 AM