Before you buy 3rd party lightning cables...

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've known some people that have ruined their iPhone batteries by using cheap 3rd party chargers and cables.

Munky#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Good thing I have 3 more on the way that I can pick up now. Just need to go up to the Apple Store.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've known some people that have ruined their iPhone batteries by using cheap 3rd party chargers and cables.

I know there's always cases like those you mention, even with original Apple charges, but I will not stop buying chepo car charges or cables just now, I've been using tons of those for many years on different devices and never had an issue.

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I've read about that. Thanks for the heads up though. I have up on trying to find a spare cable and ordered it off apples website. Now for a three week wait. I've never used third party cables except once, when I bought a extended cord made by griffin, and I had no issues with it. There is no where around here that has the cables in stock. I even drove an hour away to the closest apple store to me to get one and they were out of stock there too.

leahg725

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of concerned. I bought a 3rd party 30 pin to lightning adapter from ebay and now it says that it has been removed, but wait 10 days to see if they shipped it. Apparently the shipping dates are from 9/29 til 10/1 and it isn't here yet. I guess I'll be contacting ebay soon.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of concerned. I bought a 3rd party 30 pin to lightning adapter from ebay and now it says that it has been removed, but wait 10 days to see if they shipped it. Apparently the shipping dates are from 9/29 til 10/1 and it isn't here yet. I guess I'll be contacting ebay soon.

May as well try and get it cancelled as the chances of the connector working is slim to none. There is quite a bit of tech in these new connectors and cables. Cheapo versions are going to be a ways down the line.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
No way I would use a third party cable or adapter. These have custom chips in them and are adaptive cables. No semiconductor manufacturer is going to reverse engineer these chips, and the company who makes them for Apple won't be selling to unlicensed sources...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods