Lightening Cable Availability

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone seeing lightening cables in stock in any of the stores? Or should I just order from Apple and wait the 2-3 weeks?

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
After I posted that I saw a couple of people say that the Apple stores had good supplies. Unfortunately that's about an hour drive for me. Maybe I'll just call around.

Mrf

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a Lightning Cable from the Apple store on the 17th, and it has already shipped and will arrive Tuesday. The original estimated delivery date wasn't until Oct 12.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
...eBay and amazon has plenty of sellers with inventory and much lower prices than apple...I've always had good luck with buying cables from other places than apple...much cheaper too...

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
...eBay and amazon has plenty of sellers with inventory and much lower prices than apple...I've always had good luck with buying cables from other places than apple...much cheaper too...

And they won't work except for charging at best. Lightning cables have an authentication chip in them the old ones didn't. No way that they have been cracked and cranked out already.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
And they won't work except for charging at best. Lightning cables have an authentication chip in them the old ones didn't. No way that they have been cracked and cranked out already.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

You're right I just realized this yesterday. Last night on the way to diner date with my wife we stopped at the apple store by my house (I have 2 nearby) I purchased 2 cables from the apple store app. When I got there it was packed. People buying tons of stuff for iPhone 5. The girl that took care of my order told me they had plenty of cables in stock and they had gotten more iPhone 5's in stock. I noticed all the Miami apple stores had lighting cables as per the apple store app. You know that app is very precise. Totally makes your life easier when you go to store and you're order is ready for pick up.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered 4 USB -> lightning cables from apple.com. Kind of got burned on the last batch of generic cables I bought and decided it wasn't worth the risk. Especially since most sellers are asking in the $15 range anyway and aren't expecting to ship until mid-October.

btitus

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I plan to get them from Apple so that I know they are good quality. I went through dozens of the knockoffs with every one of my iPhones and all of them ended up breaking are not being recognized at some point. I don't want to take the chance this time of frying my phone due to having an inferior cable.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You're right I just realized this yesterday. Last night on the way to diner date with my wife we stopped at the apple store by my house (I have 2 nearby) I purchased 2 cables from the apple store app. When I got there it was packed. People buying tons of stuff for iPhone 5. The girl that took care of my order told me they had plenty of cables in stock and they had gotten more iPhone 5's in stock. I noticed all the Miami apple stores had lighting cables as per the apple store app. You know that app is very precise. Totally makes your life easier when you go to store and you're order is ready for pick up.

The app would be nice, if I had an Apple store. I was holding out hoping they'd show up at Radio Shack, Walmart, or my utterly horrible crappy imcompetent 3rd party Verizon store. No luck, looks like I'm ordering and waiting. I'll have to shuffle the one cord between the house and car while I wait. Who's taking bets I'm going to be making some trips back to the house the next couple weeks when I forget it.

emozdashietxp

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
i went to mylocal apple store. phone came in about 3pm cst went to apple just for the hell of it, people were still in line :O anyways. i was looking around and they had cables in stock to my surprise..even the apple guy was surprised to find the cables on the wall for sale for $19 each LOL

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1348465447.330246.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1348465447.330246.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 88

MarisaKaye72

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I ordered one from apple.com over the weekend with a delivery date of Oct. 17. I woke up to an email that it had shipped and would be delivered this Friday. All my local stores haven't started carrying them and an Apple store is more than an hour drive.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I just ordered cables and adapters from Apple last night. I can take having to carry my Lightning-USB cable everywhere. I hope they come in faster than the 2-3 weeks they are quoting.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
The Apple store near me has them in stock. I bought an extra one yesterday. I didn't see any available at Vz today.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Apple store by me on Saturday and they had none. Just checked the website today and they had them in stock. I just ordered them for in store pickup! I am going after work to pick some up. Does anybody know if I get a car charger with a USB port if these will work?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2