Anyone have a serious issue with the headphone jack being at the bottom?

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Haven't seen much discussion about this. But those of us who use our iPhones as our primary music
players; does it bother you that the headphone jack is at the bottom? I know I'll eventually be getting
this phone. Just sucks that the jack is located at the bottom. I used to hate using an iPod touch at the
gym or in my car since I use the auxiliary cable and set the phone in my cup holder.

Anyone else not like this?

First World Problems :eek:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, it's a personal preference. I had the Galaxy Nexus for a few months and actually loved the jack being on the bottom. It's natural to put the phone in my pocket top-down, so I didn't have to alter my normal routine when listening to music.

This is what I'm looking forward to trying. I'm used to it being on the top. If it makes it easier to be in my pocket I'll love it.

rockerchick

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I always end up flipping my phone upside down when it's sitting at my desk and I'm listening to a podcast. In my car it's next to me or in a seat but when the new car mounts come out I will be getting one. I don't mind the jack on the bottom at all.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I also wasn't thrilled with it being on the bottom because my old iPod touch had the jack on the bottom and I never liked it, so when i got my iPhone 4 I liked it being in top. I def will miss it on top but im sure I'll get used to it.

I also assumed they moved it to the bottom simply because that's where they had room for it. With making the phone thinner and the screen taller and tweaking the insides, they probably had to relocate it for efficiency and all

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I kind-of missed this. I loved this about my iPod touches--I am also one of those pocket-people, and even in my holsters, this worked better for me. it was also nice to have all the cables coming out of the same end.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the headphone jack on the top too... I'm not a big fan of it at the bottom - got an iPod Touch about 2 years ago for my birthday and STILL haven't gotten used to it... I guess the i5 will break me of that!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I didn't want to create a new thread. But, I picked up an iPhone 5 last week and returned it four days later. I didn't return it solely for the headphone jack issue. But it was an issue. I just cannot stand that headphone jack being at the bottom. It's very annoying.

rstand

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
My headphones are plugged in to my phone more often than not. When docks with the new connector are available having to unplug the headphone to place the phone in the dock will be a minor irritant.

Then again, so is my neighbor and there is nothing I can do about that either!!

---------- Post Merged at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:26 PM ----------

My headphones are plugged in to my phone more often than not. When docks with the new connector are available having to unplug the headphone to place the phone in the dock will be a minor irritant.

Then again, so is my neighbor and there is nothing I can do about that either!!

---------- Post Merged at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I have my headphones plugged into my phone more often than not because I listen to a lot of audio books. When docks with the new connector become available on various devices, having to unplug the headphone to put the phone in the dock will be a minor irritant.

Then again, my neighbor is an irritant and there is nothing I can do about that either.

rstand

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have my headphones plugged into my phone more often than not because I listen to a lot of audio books. When docks with the new connector become available on various devices, having to unplug the headphone to put the phone in the dock will be a minor irritant.

Then again, my neighbor is an irritant and there is nothing I can do about that either.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I for one like the headphone jack at the bottom. I listen to music on my iPhone at work with the phone on my desk. With the jack on the top of the phone the wire either loops around/over/across the phone, or I have it upside down so as to not stretch or shorten the line. With the jack at the bottom my phone is right side up and the wire is fine. Just my two cents.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2