Best way to buy cases

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I will "hopefully" be getting my new iphone this Friday. Wondering what everyone's experience was in getting the best deal on a case. I'm sure Verizon will try and sell me on at "20%" off or something but is that the best deal or should i hit up Best Buy or even look online at Amazon or Ebay for cases???

Quintus

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Not very many options available. Monoprice.com has some iPhone 5 cases available and so does seidioonline.com. I'd be surprised if the retailers have any cases on launch day.

elgerber

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it depends if you want a deal or your perfect case, or if you just want to cover it now. Verizon stores already have them in stock, so you could get one to cover it when you get it. But they don't have deals. They did have quite a few styles/colors though, I was surprised. Most other sights are only offering preorders right now.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered my Otterbox Defender case on Amazon 49$ with Delivery scheduled for 9/21. I went all in...I've seen Verizon's offerings of off brand cases with decent protection for launch day and the cost 24.99-35.99 without tax. I'll feel better knowing its in an otterbox rather than a brand I don't know. Many people have those cases on at work, haven't heard a bad review. After buying 64GB at 423$ and AppleCare+ 99$ = 522$. Am I really gonna short change the Protection to save 10-12$ buying a cheap case it at Store with Tax. I could always sell it if I see a LifeForce case later on.

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the tips...i think Best Buy may have some Otterbox cases..but will have to just wait and see...i just might go through Amazon for one.

elgerber

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I was just at a Verizon store and they now have Otterbox Defenders in stock in addition to the cases they had last weekend.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I purchased from incipio but it hasnt yet shipped. I ordered a glow in the dark slim case off ebay last night which should arrive by the 27th. With the generic cases costing so much in stores, id much rather wait to buy a good one ill use off the internet than to just buy a crappy one in store that ill only use for a week then give away.