Are you using cases or not on iPhone 5?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried going naked all day with my iPhone 5. I do have the Zagg HD screen protector on it. I just felt uneasy all day like I had to be on guard and I just don't like that feeling. So, I put it back in my grey and white Otterbox Commuter. I guess for me its just simply peace of mind! I have dropped my phone and even accidentally knocked it off my night stand. Thus far having almost every version starting with 3GS. I've never had a cracked screen. I do love the looks and feel of naked, but just prefer the peace of mind having it cased.

ricking

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
amen i love the feel of a naked iphone...but worry also about being unprotected

---------- Post Merged at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:50 AM ----------

what do you expect buying a $2 case!!! lolo

idrewpage

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I'll go without a case, unless the 5 I get in November is hard to pickup without a case, like my 4S. The major reason my 4S has a case is because its so thin and slippery that picking it up off a table can be a risky affair. So, once I get my 5 I'll have to gauge that.

TBF Gunner

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I got a nice wooden case from MakeDirect and am waiting for it. In the meantime, I picked up an Otterbox which I love. A screen protector is used also!

Mike

_marlam

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I've bought a cheap little silicone case from ebay. It's actually fairly sturdy so it does the job. Anyone care to fill me in on these otterbox cases? Heard of them but which is the best?

laserguided

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Case-Mate Barely There and a Power Support screen protector (when they are released later this month) for me...

Yeah I'm all about the Power Support screen protectors. That's what I rocked on my iPhone 4. I bought one of the Zagg protectors, but they are sloppy and difficult to put on. I ended up just taking it off. $25 down the tubes, but oh well! My Poower Support was centered perfectly and applied by me. I'm just waiting on them to be available now.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a Speck Candyshell for when I am out and about with the kids or when they want to play with it and then a bumper for day to day use.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
My case scratches my i5, so terrible, never use cases or covers again.
Post the link of case here, do not buy it cause it can be damage to i5
Protective Case Cover for Apple iPhone 5 MHC-112122 - TinyDeal

Funny part is I went straight from getting my phone to Best Buy. Was looking at cases and tried on an iFrogz and the damn case scratched both sides of my phone. I was pissed!! The best part is it was slow so an associate was helping me and opening boxes so I could try them on....he froze when it happened because he was right there and didn't know what to do. His reaction was so funny it actually calmed me down. It was priceless, it wasn't his fault but he acted like he was the one that did it. Long story but if a case is going to scratch it I am just going to go naked. But I am getting AppleCare this weekend.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Went with Clear-Coat for front and back and then put it in an Otterbox Commuter! Slim but protected and no scratches!

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Will be getting one when it becomes available here, hand my 4S to my wife, and yep, gonna go NEKKID! Not even a screen protector lol. Naked is the only way to go!

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I picked up a white griffin bumper type case with clear back for my white i5. It looks nice. Sorry for the low quality pics. I took with my work BB. Will get the mophie when it comes out.
tyge6a5e.jpg