Are you using cases or not on iPhone 5?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Have an Otterbox Defender which I use if doing some activities (biking, etc). Have a Case Mate barely there which is ok - not sure i like though. Right now running naked - the 5 feels to good to cover up!

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a Griffon Reveal, which is basically a bumper case with a clear plastic back. I like it ok, but i got a white one and kind of am regretting that decision because I have a feeling it's going to start looking grimy after a while, so I'm either going to get another one in a different color or just wait until Lifeproof comes out with one for the iPhone 5

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Candy Shell Speck with Verizon screen protector right now and I love the combination. I will definitely be looking into a Case Mate Barely There in the future. I always end up buying a lot of cases, love to change it up.

razor2006

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the black Incipio Frequency. No screen protector installed currently, but I have an XO Skins screen protector I ordered, and the one that came with the Incipio case. I had a XO Skins protector on my Galaxy Nexus, and it was very nice. I just haven't taken the time to shut my iPhone 5 off for 12 hours to install the protector and let it set up. Almost tempted to not bother.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Garz, I'm planning on getting the i5 soon. I'm looking for a case that won't scratch the iPhone and can still use the Apple 30 pin adapter. I was between the Incase slider and the Candy Shell Flip (I have a Speck coupon code that expires in November from their Golden Gate Bridge giveaway). Since the Incase seems to scratch the sides, thoughts on the Flip? Any problems? I heard the silicone really holds up better this time around. Would really like your input.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I got the white iPhone 5 just so I could rock it naked. I do have a Zagg HD on the screen, however!

---------- Post Merged at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:05 PM ----------

I'm using the black Incipio Frequency. No screen protector installed currently, but I have an XO Skins screen protector I ordered, and the one that came with the Incipio case. I had a XO Skins protector on my Galaxy Nexus, and it was very nice. I just haven't taken the time to shut my iPhone 5 off for 12 hours to install the protector and let it set up. Almost tempted to not bother.

you realistically don't have to let it sit for 12 hours lol I started using my Zagg HD immediately after I installed it and it turned out wonderful

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Garz, I'm planning on getting the i5 soon. I'm looking for a case that won't scratch the iPhone and can still use the Apple 30 pin adapter. I was between the Incase slider and the Candy Shell Flip (I have a Speck coupon code that expires in November from their Golden Gate Bridge giveaway). Since the Incase seems to scratch the sides, thoughts on the Flip? Any problems? I heard the silicone really holds up better this time around. Would really like your input.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I love the flip so far. After 2 weeks of usage, the silicone edging is holding up well. The long term is yet to be seen. I never dare put sliders on my phone after using a Incase slider on my 3GS and it scratched the edges bad.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Bought a case at the carrier the day I got the phone. Barely looked at it when I chose it, I just had other plans but wanted to get one meanwhile. I did not really look for something else since : found myself loving it. What's odd is whenever I chose a case I liked for my 4 or 4S, I ended up wanting to get another one quick. That one I did not really want, and it's a keeper... Just found the box yesterday among the junk on my PC station, it's an Affinity - the "clear" black one.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Gear4 Thin Ice completely clear hard plastic case and yesterday I was very thankful for that as I knocked my phone off the kitchen counter onto a tiled floor and the case took the brunt. The phone would have got scratched and/or dented if it hadn't been in a case. As it is, the case is slightly scratched.

I've always put my phones in cases as I do recognise that accidents can and do happen.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the ultra thin and luxe original, by ifrogz, for my iphone 4. Picked them both up again. Thin and light. I take very good care of my phone so i just use minimal cases. So I can protect my phone from little scratches

chevysales

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
switched from like 6 years or more of black to white...while i love naked and am careful it is in pocket and just feel better holding in a speck white candy case. never used many screen protectors but on this i went with spg/spigen olephobic... like it but the olephobic part of protector is none existant as no les junk than naked just gets on protector. fingers don't slide as mwell either. maybe i should have tried their super duper clear one instead. also see they make a back one too but unless it's thre pieces impossibles as we all know you have 2 horizontal seams aluminumin center and white on top and bottom of back with a seam at each piece how the heck would one piece stick at seems?

---------- Post Merged at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal