I am looking to buy a pair of bluetooth headphones to go with my new iPhone5. I am debating between the Jaybird Freedom and Plantronics Backbeat. Can anybody recomend one of these or any other bluetooth headphones to be used primarly while working out?
    09-15-2012 06:33 PM
    I can only speak on the Jaybird Freedom, I returned after using 2-3 times. The sound quality was good, but the earbud fit wasn't great even with the hooks you can use to go over-the-ear. Also the cord that connects the two earbuds would stick on my neck and cause me to have more slack on one ear and tight on the other side.

I use Motorola S-10's now because they are more sturdy. But the S9 HD definitely ha better sound quality. I know you didn't ask about these, but just an FYI.
    09-18-2012 09:59 PM
    Plantronics Backbeat are great. It takes a little getting used to, but I cannot shake these off running, jumping, or even with a vigorous martial arts workout on the heavy bag/shadowboxing/etc. Cheaper too. Walmart had them for $67-$69. If you don't like them their return policy is quite good too. The sound is fantastic BTW. Better than the earbuds from apple or the ironman buds.
    09-18-2012 11:18 PM
    Lg tone is very good...check them out at best buy. Best bt set I've found.
    09-18-2012 11:21 PM
    I love my plantains backbeat but it definitely has some quality issues. I had to exchange it twice to have a working one and there are times when the audio just kind of crackles and cuts out.
    09-19-2012 01:12 AM
    BackBeat 903+ is great. Have had them for a long time, then my wife recently broke one of the earphones, so I got a replacement used for $40. The thin cord that connects the earphones is much more comfortable than hard plastic of the MOTOROKR. Battery life is about 7 hours. Plenty loud enough. I'm wearing them right now!

I've seen Jaybird, they look pretty cool and I'd love to try them, but don't have the money right now. It's always the latest and greatest vs. older and cheaper. The obvious difference I see is that BB is larger and goes behind the ear, while JB goes completely in the ear like mono headsets. Some prefer one way and some the other.
    09-19-2012 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD