What screen protector will you put on your iP5?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This one just arrived today and I love it. Not only is it so clear that I don't know it's there, but it is totally case friendly as well. I installed it while my Speck candyshell case was still on. This one is definitely a keeper for a while. :)

y5ynehed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Well this one was short lived. If you put the phone in your pocket while wearing skinny jeans this protector develops a bad rainbow effect that won't go away. The rainbow effect interferes with watching videos, so I removed this screen shield and put the last SGP Crystal Clear that I had on till Power Support finally comes out with theirs.

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who use glas.t do you have a problem using any of your cases with that protect. I want that one but don't want to be either hit or miss when I buy cases and hope they will fit.

DamnSkippy

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
SGP Spigen Ultra Crystal, first time I have used this brand and I like it a lot. It is not cut to be case friendly (fine with me), it is very clear, fingerprints wipe of easy and honestly don't seem to be any more of a problem than the bare screen, feels pretty much like the bare screen though not exactly but close enough you don't notice. I normally use Power Support and I think I might like this one better.

Clean it with a lightly damp cloth after installing to get rid of residue before it feels proper to the touch which is typical.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
SGP Spigen Ultra Crystal, first time I have used this brand and I like it a lot. It is not cut to be case friendly (fine with me).

If you are looking for a case that works with the Ultra Crystal screen protectors, try the Speck candyshell or Speck Pixelskin HD. I use both of these cases with this screen protector and they both work great.

DamnSkippy

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info Irish, I don't use a case as I prefer to use a skin with one of my images. This info will be handy when I get my Wife one though.

---------- Post Merged at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Thanks for the info Irish, I don't use a case as I prefer to use a skin with one of my images. This info will be handy when I get my Wife one though.

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got the ultra crystal from SGP so far I love it. It doesn't feel cheap and plastic like. Can't even tell its on my phone. Doesn't take away from the display I would definitely recommend it. It ALMOST feels like there isn't even a protector on it.

msteiner0539

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered the glas.tr. hope it's worth the price. Also, how difficult is it really to put on? Like to consider myself pretty savvy with this stuff, but wondering if anyone can give me some tips on proper installation. Thanks in advance. M

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
There are a lot of great suggestions on this thread but I have one question.

As I have spanners for hands and I generally find it awkward putting on the screen protector straight without bubbles or lint, can anyone recommend a screen protector that is:

a) case friendly. I move the iPhone 5 from case to case a lot and have different hard and soft cases depending on my requirements.
b) won't scratch. My current screen protector is already scratched to heck but it was a cheap one bought before the phone was launched in readiness.
c) Very easy to put on and line up correctly first time without bubbles. I don't think i've ever EVER managed to put a screen protector on without some lint or bubbles being trapped, no matter what precautions I have taken.

I love the idea of the Glas.T but it sounds like you get one shot at it and if you screw up, you're stuffed. My last phone had an InvisibleShield from Zagg on it and it was hateful. It orange peeled horribly and really impacted the ability to glide one's fingers over the surface, so not going for one of those again.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The Power Support protectors are very easy and can be removed and reinstalled without issue. To get it on without lint I always do it in the bathroom with the shower running hot water to get some moisture in the are to reduce the floating particles. Best thing about the PS ones is you can peel it off, wash it, and put it back on if you need to. The clear tape trick works great too!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The Power Support protectors are very easy and can be removed and reinstalled without issue. To get it on without lint I always do it in the bathroom with the shower running hot water to get some moisture in the are to reduce the floating particles. Best thing about the PS ones is you can peel it off, wash it, and put it back on if you need to. The clear tape trick works great too!

Many thanks. Are the Power Support screen protectors resistant to scratches please? My current cheap screen protector looks like someone has attacked it with a razor blade. All the info I can find about the Power Support ones says they stop scratches on the device (well duh), but not whether they themselves are actually resistant to scratches.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh