Speck cases

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I can understand why. I've returned cases as well in the past simply because they were a tight fit and hard to take off. I didn't want to take a chance on damaging my iPhone trying to pry it off.... Just my 2?

I took the Candyshell and Fabshell off my phone and wife's phone several times without issue. Used the DualPro for 2 days and the loose bottom material trapped something under it and created a blemish. Candyshell is back on and the DualPro returned.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess it seems bulky if you compare the case to a naked iPhone 5. To me the new Speck CandyShell case is much thinner than those of the past and I'm not seeing that it adds a great amount of bulk to my iPhone 5 at all. It still looks slim and has a light feel to it with my candyshell case on it.

Agreed, and my iP4 didn't have a case on it but I really like the Candyshell.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I guess it seems bulky if you compare the case to a naked iPhone 5. To me the new Speck CandyShell case is much thinner than those of the past and I'm not seeing that it adds a great amount of bulk to my iPhone 5 at all. It still looks slim and has a light feel to it with my candyshell case on it.

Mine still feels very thin with Candyshell on it. I agree with your statement.
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
You returned because it was hard to take off?

There's definitely a trick to getting it off easily that's for sure.

Yes I did! IMO, if a case is that tricky to get off its not worth the trouble...obviously I don't want a case slipping off, but compared to OtterBox and BodyGlove which also fit nice and snug, Speck one just didn't cut it!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did! IMO, if a case is that tricky to get off its not worth the trouble...obviously I don't want a case slipping off, but compared to OtterBox and BodyGlove which also fit nice and snug, Speck one just didn't cut it!

i agree with you seashell. I avoided purchasing this wallet type case from Speck, & just to add that particular case is twice the thickness of a regular candyshell because of needing the additional space to have a slot for the cards. Just even looking at the pics of the case on the Speck site, if you look at the back where the camera hole is, you can clearly see the thickness of it, which wouldnt give enough flex to be removed easier than a candyshell. :)

Just my 2c :)

dfine1966

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
You do know there is an easy trick to taking the candy shell off? Thumb on the star in back, pry off the top where the power control is, off on the right and left corners. The bottom then comes off easy. It comes off really easy. I have taken it off multiple times with no problems. Search YouTube for speck case removal.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You do know there is an easy trick to taking the candy shell off? Thumb on the star in back, pry off the top where the power control is, off on the right and left corners. The bottom then comes off easy. It comes off really easy. I have taken it off multiple times with no problems. Search YouTube for speck case removal.
Yes, the speck cs is pretty easy to take off, but seashell was talking about the speck cs CARD case, which is thicker than an average cs.
iPhone 4S Cases & Covers | Speck Products

If you look at the pics, you'll see the difference in the thickness compared to a regular cs.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I do mine from the side vs the top. Put both thumbs in the center at the top on the back along the long edge with my fingers along the front lip by the screen. Using your thumbs just push. Once the phone starts coming out flip it and do the same to the other side.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2