Speck cases

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The Flip is just as good as the standard CS. Same fit and finish. I thought I'd hate the look of it but it's not bad. Got it for my docking boom box upstairs. Had to take my Defender off this morning to cut my hair and knew it was time to pull the trigger on the white Flip for my black 4S!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Ahhh thought you had the 5... I'm currently sporting the white/black CS on my 4S... I think I'm going to order the white/gray/black flip when I get the new iPhone... I need to be able to plug in the adapter on the bottom and have always liked the black phone, white case, look (as Pink would call, "The Stormtrooper")!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the glossy finish or the soft one?

I have the regular candyshell, it's the rubber that's messed up (not that in was expecting much else). Ironically it's the corner of the case NOT in my pocket that's messed up.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Twice now (laptop and iPhone) I've tried to order from the Speck site and I have all of the info input but there's no place order button.

Any help?

Edit*
It worked

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Make sure it is the real deal, since Speck has a great replacement policy. After less than 6 months, the rubber on my Candyshell Grip was starting to peel, so they sent me a postage paid return label, I sent them back my Grip, and they sent me out a brand new one. Love the case, love Speck.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Twice now (laptop and iPhone) I've tried to order from the Speck site and I have all of the info input but there's no place order button.

Any help?

Edit*
It worked

mistah m, i know what you mean. Sometimes the Speck site gets wonky, lol, for a better term of words. Glad you got it to go through:)
(when that happens clear history and cache usually helps.)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the regular candyshell, it's the rubber that's messed up (not that in was expecting much else). Ironically it's the corner of the case NOT in my pocket that's messed up.!

Not sure which is the regular. The shiny one or satin which is the non-shiny.

I have the shiny one and it scratches. No rubber on it though that I can tell.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Not sure which is the regular. The shiny one or satin which is the non-shiny.

I have the shiny one and it scratches. No rubber on it though that I can tell.

The rubber is around the sides and covers the buttons and on the inside of the case. I guess mine is shiny (it has scratches). My last one did it too, though the one for my five is made better. When it gets worse I may look into it, but for now I will wait.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Man, got the Flip YESTERDAY and I'm getting the eraser effect already. Got my PixelSkin HD back on. Sucks too because I ordered the non-flip version this morning from the site. I'll be returning the Flip to Verizon.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Man, got the Flip YESTERDAY and I'm getting the eraser effect already. Got my PixelSkin HD back on. Sucks too because I ordered the non-flip version this morning from the site. I'll be returning the Flip to Verizon.

Mistah, my regular white/black CS is completely fine and I've been using it for 6ish months. No eraser effect at all - I got it from the Apple store.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Mistah, my regular white/black CS is completely fine and I've been using it for 6ish months. No eraser effect at all - I got it from the Apple store.

I hope that I have similar luck with the one that I ordered from the Speck site! *fingers crossed*

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The rubber is around the sides and covers the buttons and on the inside of the case. I guess mine is shiny (it has scratches). My last one did it too, though the one for my five is made better. When it gets worse I may look into it, but for now I will wait.

Ok that's what I was wondering. The shiny one is what I have. I just bought the Incipio DualPro today. Nothing against the Candyshell but I was curious. I like it a lot too but really like the Candyshell though if it is going to peel maybe I'm saving myself frustration down the road ;)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok that's what I was wondering. The shiny one is what I have. I just bought the Incipio DualPro today. Nothing against the Candyshell but I was curious. I like it a lot too but really like the Candyshell though if it is going to peel maybe I'm saving myself frustration down the road ;)

Taking the Dualpro back and going back to the Candyshell. It fits like a glove while the rubber on the dualpro is loose which will let in dirt. Feels better - really like this Speck!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought a black Candyshell when I bought my iPhone 5 but haven't used it at all...been rolling naked. Maybe I'll give it a shot this week...it's funny how much bulkier it makes the 5 feel though after using it without a case for so long. (Although when I laid it next to my old 4, which is in an Incase snap case, they were the same height, so I should be used to it.)

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Speck Candyshell card case...it looks nice and holds a few cr cards well, but man was it a PITA to take off!!! Returned it!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You returned because it was hard to take off?

There's definitely a trick to getting it off easily that's for sure.

I can understand why. I've returned cases as well in the past simply because they were a tight fit and hard to take off. I didn't want to take a chance on damaging my iPhone trying to pry it off.... Just my 2?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'll give it a shot this week...it's funny how much bulkier it makes the 5 feel though after using it without a case for so long.

I guess it seems bulky if you compare the case to a naked iPhone 5. To me the new Speck CandyShell case is much thinner than those of the past and I'm not seeing that it adds a great amount of bulk to my iPhone 5 at all. It still looks slim and has a light feel to it with my candyshell case on it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73