I've got a speck candyshell grip iphone 5, loving this thing. Has good protection and doesn't add much bulk. Also hav a iskin aura case which I'm returning. Made the phone feel like a 4 and didn't give to much protection but it was beautiful.
    10-10-2012 09:16 PM
    This is probably my favorite case. I've had a few over the years, same issue with all of them. The part under the home button always breaks, speck is really good with replacements as long as you have the receipt.
    10-10-2012 10:32 PM
    Well I got my white Candyshell today. Couldn't be happier with it! I was initially worried that it was going to be a bit bulky like it was on the 4/4S, but it's actually quite slim! Very impressed! The white on white with the black trim look is really nice, also
    10-11-2012 01:35 AM
    How does the Speck handle drops?
    10-11-2012 12:54 PM
    How does the Speck handle drops?
    I swung my base ball bat and hit my iPhone 5 as hard as I could, and no scratches at all! I'd say it's pretty good.

just kidding, I had a otterbox commuter, and I returned it and ordered a speck candyshell flip.
    10-11-2012 05:38 PM
    I swung my base ball bat and hit my iPhone 5 as hard as I could, and no scratches at all! I'd say it's pretty good.

just kidding, I had a otterbox commuter, and I returned it and oered a speck candyshell flip.
    Lol. I ask because my cimo tpu case from amazon was like $7 and I've from my phone from about 5 feet on tile and concrete with no problem to my phone. It would sometimes bounce and hit the ground again but is protected better than any silicone or hardshell case I've used.

just wanna make sure my wife's 4S is good to go from drops and our kids lol
    10-11-2012 06:02 PM
    Lol. I ask because my cimo tpu case from amazon was like $7 and I've from my phone from about 5 feet on tile and concrete with no problem to my phone. It would sometimes bounce and hit the ground again but is protected better than any silicone or hardshell case I've used.

Lol, I see.

Sent from my VZW iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-11-2012 06:07 PM
    How about this kind of Luminous iPhone 5 Case ?? Found it on http://www.prezzydeal.com/luminous-iphone-5-case.html

Last edited by herela; 10-12-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    10-12-2012 11:28 AM
    How do you like the Flip? I'm thinking about getting the Flip (either in white and black if that's an option or the white/gray/black) when I finally scoop up the iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-12-2012 02:48 PM

It should be much better than your TPU case was, as it has some soft rubber on the inside protecting it from drops.
    10-12-2012 03:40 PM
    Just picked up a white CandyShell Flip!!

10-13-2012 04:41 PM
    Just picked up a white CandyShell Flip!!

Thoughts on the Flip? I'm torn between that and the Incipio Edge Pro (I don't even have the phone yet and I'm already planning on my case purchases).

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-13-2012 04:56 PM
    It should be much better than your TPU case was, as it has some soft rubber on the inside protecting it from drops.
    Thanks. It better be since it costs 4x more lol
    10-13-2012 07:50 PM
    Thoughts on the Flip? I'm torn between that and the Incipio Edge Pro (I don't even have the phone yet and I'm already planning on my case purchases).

The Flip is just as good as the standard CS. Same fit and finish. I thought I'd hate the look of it but it's not bad. Got it for my docking boom box upstairs. Had to take my Defender off this morning to cut my hair and knew it was time to pull the trigger on the white Flip for my black 4S!

10-13-2012 08:26 PM
    Well, my candyshell has started peeling. Right now I am using a clear acrylic case until I make a decision.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    10-13-2012 08:40 PM
    Well, my candyshell has started peeling. Right now I am using a clear acrylic case until I make a decision.
    Do you have the glossy finish or the soft one?
    10-13-2012 08:47 PM
    The Flip is just as good as the standard CS. Same fit and finish. I thought I'd hate the look of it but it's not bad. Got it for my docking boom box upstairs. Had to take my Defender off this morning to cut my hair and knew it was time to pull the trigger on the white Flip for my black 4S!

Ahhh thought you had the 5... I'm currently sporting the white/black CS on my 4S... I think I'm going to order the white/gray/black flip when I get the new iPhone... I need to be able to plug in the adapter on the bottom and have always liked the black phone, white case, look (as Pink would call, "The Stormtrooper")!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-13-2012 10:18 PM
    Do you have the glossy finish or the soft one?
    I have the regular candyshell, it's the rubber that's messed up (not that in was expecting much else). Ironically it's the corner of the case NOT in my pocket that's messed up.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

10-13-2012 10:35 PM
    Twice now (laptop and iPhone) I've tried to order from the Speck site and I have all of the info input but there's no place order button.

Any help?

Edit*
    It worked

10-14-2012 07:02 AM
    Make sure it is the real deal, since Speck has a great replacement policy. After less than 6 months, the rubber on my Candyshell Grip was starting to peel, so they sent me a postage paid return label, I sent them back my Grip, and they sent me out a brand new one. Love the case, love Speck.
    10-14-2012 09:37 AM
    Twice now (laptop and iPhone) I've tried to order from the Speck site and I have all of the info input but there's no place order button.

Any help?

Edit*
    It worked

mistah m, i know what you mean. Sometimes the Speck site gets wonky, lol, for a better term of words. Glad you got it to go through
    (when that happens clear history and cache usually helps.)
    10-14-2012 02:16 PM
    I have the regular candyshell, it's the rubber that's messed up (not that in was expecting much else). Ironically it's the corner of the case NOT in my pocket that's messed up.!
    Not sure which is the regular. The shiny one or satin which is the non-shiny.

I have the shiny one and it scratches. No rubber on it though that I can tell.
    10-14-2012 04:19 PM
    Not sure which is the regular. The shiny one or satin which is the non-shiny.

I have the shiny one and it scratches. No rubber on it though that I can tell.
    The rubber is around the sides and covers the buttons and on the inside of the case. I guess mine is shiny (it has scratches). My last one did it too, though the one for my five is made better. When it gets worse I may look into it, but for now I will wait.

10-14-2012 05:00 PM
    Man, got the Flip YESTERDAY and I'm getting the eraser effect already. Got my PixelSkin HD back on. Sucks too because I ordered the non-flip version this morning from the site. I'll be returning the Flip to Verizon.

10-14-2012 05:53 PM
    Man, got the Flip YESTERDAY and I'm getting the eraser effect already. Got my PixelSkin HD back on. Sucks too because I ordered the non-flip version this morning from the site. I'll be returning the Flip to Verizon.

Mistah, my regular white/black CS is completely fine and I've been using it for 6ish months. No eraser effect at all - I got it from the Apple store.

10-14-2012 06:50 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD