iPhone 5 Cases

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 31612View attachment 31613

I am currently using Case-Mate Tough Xtreme case and I love it because before I was using an OtterBox and it made my phone so bulky but with the Case-Mate it's still slim. Plus I love all Case-Mate cases as well they are well made.

Case-Mate Tough Xtreme
how is the built in screen protector on this case. I have used both the otterbox defender and the lifeproof and I just can't stand the built in screen protector on either. They have so much rainbow effect and believe it or not the life proof was worse . the screen protector plastic would give under my fingers when typing or whatever. I am so fustrated that I am scared to even try another one but this looks interesting.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
just got the lifeproof yesterday and the screen protector is the pits. loose fitting and wrinkles when I type under my fingers

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
just got the lifeproof yesterday and the screen protector is the pits. loose fitting and wrinkles when I type under my fingers

I don't care for those built-in screen protectors either. I haven't used a lifeproof case but I did have a few Otterbox Defenders for the 4S and removed the screen protectors since I already had an SP on the phone and the Defender isn't meant to be waterproof anyway. All of my friends and co-workers who currently use or formerly used an Otterbox Defender removed theirs as well.

Unfortunately, you have to keep the lifeproof one intact to keep it watertight. :(

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't care for those built-in screen protectors either. I haven't used a lifeproof case but I did have a few Otterbox Defenders for the 4S and removed the screen protectors since I already had an SP on the phone and the Defender isn't meant to be waterproof anyway. All of my friends and co-workers who currently use or formerly used an Otterbox Defender removed theirs as well.

Unfortunately, you have to keep the lifeproof one intact to keep it watertight. :(
i really have a hard time believing that flimsy screen protector could be water tight. I sure ain't going to try it. Its going back tomorrow. To much money for something that poorly bad.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
i really have a hard time believing that flimsy screen protector could be water tight. I sure ain't going to try it. Its going back tomorrow. To much money for something that poorly bad.
Well I took the lifeproof back and got a refund. I kept my otterbox defender and ripped the built in screen protector out of it and put a good antiglare, anti fingerprints screen protector on the phone and put it back in the Defender. Much much improved. like it a lot

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Well I took the lifeproof back and got a refund. I kept my otterbox defender and ripped the built in screen protector out of it and put a good antiglare, anti fingerprints screen protector on the phone and put it back in the Defender. Much much improved. like it a lot

​Same setup I have.. Works great for me!

jtexans

May 25, 2012
Visit site

​Same setup I have.. Works great for me!

I just got a Griffin waterproof case for the iP5 yesterday. It won't be my full time case...but it'll be my summer case while at the pool, lake, Sea World, etc...

So far, it's been pretty decent. I did have a phone call today and my voice was muffled. So I did the easy trouble shoot of opening the charging port and removing excess air. Called a few seconds later, and no problems with hearing my voice.

Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case for iPhone 5 | Griffin Technology

I love the fact that it uses "O" rings on all access ports to keep it waterproof.

Sound is good coming out of it too.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I use a Baseus case that I bought from Ebay India. It is hardly any protection against drops, but works well to prevent scratches. I wanted some color in life, after using the transparent/clear cases for a while, so got one in orange:concern:
20121103_113014_146.jpg