iPhone 5 Cases

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I opted to return the Otterbox Defender case, I just didn't care for the integrated screen protector. Right now I have the Incipio DualPro which is doing well. Considering a wallet case but it MUST have a camera slot, I refuse to slide my iP5 up to take a picture every time like ThelveSouth expected us to with the iP4/4S case.

I know ThelveSouth is making an iP5 case but no date and no details, Pad And Quill has a new case launching shortly Case for iPhone 5 by PQ | Little Pocket Book but not sure I like how open the wooden frame is.

Does anyone have any experience with Pad And Quill's case with the iP4/4S which is similar, did you have any issues with it staying in place?

iDom74

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd really like a Bumper for iPhone 5 too. Looks like Apple doesn't want to sell any cases from the Apple Online Store however. :(

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'd really like a Bumper for iPhone 5 too. Looks like Apple doesn't want to sell any cases from the Apple Online Store however. :(

They never do right away. The only times they ever have cases during launch are when the design doesn't change. (3G-3GS, 4-4S)

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

I love the bumper. The main benefits to me is it is more comfortable to hold. The metal digs into my hand very quickly. Plus it keeps the body of the phone off a table when you put it down. And it retains the look of the beautiful device. I got my bumper at a mall kiosk. Probably overpaid for it compared to amazon. But I couldn't stand holding the phone without it.

Cheers.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I love the bumper. The main benefits to me is it is more comfortable to hold. The metal digs into my hand very quickly. Plus it keeps the body of the phone off a table when you put it down. And it retains the look of the beautiful device. I got my bumper at a mall kiosk. Probably overpaid for it compared to amazon. But I couldn't stand holding the phone without it.

Cheers.

Ditto....I bought the bumper for my 5 and love it

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Because there's no antenna problems with the iP5 :D

I used bumpers a lot on my 4S. No antenna issues there. Great drop protection and still get the nude look. And I've dropped mine on my tile floors and kept my 4S looking mint. There is a market for them.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the Speck Candyshell and like it quite bit. My wife has the Speck Fabshell and I really like the feel of the fabric so may pick up the black plaid (she has the pink plaid)

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
The Fabshell looks nice, but it just doesn't stick to my hands to well. Feels like it is gonna slip out. The Candyshell, although its slick and smooth, feels like it sticks to my hand and I really like it. I have the white/peacock color. Looks great on my white iPhone 5.

odist

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Arachnophobia Durable Case Review:

I recently purchased an Arachnophobia Durable Aluminum Case for my iphone 5. It's rugged but appears to interfere with reception. I've tested over the weekend and it appeared to take "two bars" down from reception indicator. If the phone with this particular case is being used in the area where the reception is normally at two to three bars; there's a good chance the phone will get no service at all.

Has anyone else experience similar issues with this case, or another?

I know with the phone being brand new, we don't have good selection of cases. I hope this will assist with someone who's about to spend their hard earn money.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the Speck Candyshell and like it quite bit. My wife has the Speck Fabshell and I really like the feel of the fabric so may pick up the black plaid (she has the pink plaid)

Just ordered one! Put it through late Friday night and its getting delivered today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW