got the bumper as well - the thinnest transparent one. For $9.95 can hardly go wrong.
    09-15-2012 07:05 PM
    got the bumper as well - the thinnest transparent one. For $9.95 can hardly go wrong.
    I see a white one -- not a transparent one. I wonder how the white would look on the black? I think I'll hold out for an orange version -- Go Vols!
    09-15-2012 07:09 PM
    Argh. Are there any stores that offer decent shipping to Canada? I can't even get that stupid teeny bumper shipped here! I mean seriously. SERIOUSLY.
    09-15-2012 07:10 PM
    Anyone know the weight of the Seidio Surface case?

I'm debating on that one but I want a LIGHTER case, not one that's heavier. =\
    09-15-2012 07:46 PM
    Has anyone gotten shipping notices for the otterboxes that are on preorder from there website? Was hoping it will arrive by the time the phone arrives
    09-15-2012 07:51 PM
    I see a white one -- not a transparent one. I wonder how the white would look on the black? I think I'll hold out for an orange version -- Go Vols!
    The one I ordered was this one
    Amazon.com: Photive Skinny iPhone 5 Transparent case with Protective Border: Cell Phones & Accessories
    09-15-2012 08:29 PM
    I believe if you want a light cases but give tons of protection, one of those Life Proof cases should do the work. I going to get one of those so I can take underwater videos and pictures with my iPhone 5.
    09-15-2012 08:57 PM
    Just got the black bumper. It will do until the choices are better.
    09-15-2012 09:39 PM
    I believe if you want a light cases but give tons of protection, one of those Life Proof cases should do the work. I going to get one of those so I can take underwater videos and pictures with my iPhone 5.
    I don't want to spend $80 on a case, or have one that constricting. I would like something protective that is also not a behemoth. That's why I was looking at the Commuter or Seidio lines. I'd love some impressions on that.
    09-15-2012 10:50 PM
    I'm just hoping for a magpul case for the iPhone 5. It's saved my 4S from numerous drops onto asphalt with no damage. It adds almost no bulk at all. To top it off it's dirt cheap. Yeah, I live them.
    09-15-2012 10:56 PM
    I'm just hoping for a magpul case for the iPhone 5. It's saved my 4S from numerous drops onto asphalt with no damage. It adds almost no bulk at all. To top it off it's dirt cheap. Yeah, I live them.
    Yup I did a review on them here. I just posted in the thread too...I sent them an email today asking if there are any plans for an iPhone 5 case.
    09-15-2012 10:58 PM
    I don't want to spend $80 on a case, or have one that constricting. I would like something protective that is also not a behemoth. That's why I was looking at the Commuter or Seidio lines. I'd love some impressions on that.
    I love my commuter case and got one for my 5. Have one on my work 3GS and personal 4S. Great protection without adding too much bulk.
    09-16-2012 12:31 AM
    I love my commuter case and got one for my 5. Have one on my work 3GS and personal 4S. Great protection without adding too much bulk.
    I have seem some very iffy things about the commuter, primarily that it's poorly designed and doesn't last.

My experience with my defender has, unfortunately, been the same. I've gone through about 6 defender cases with problem after problem. Worn and torn silicone, cracks in the plastic, squeaky plastic. Their customer service has been beyond fantastic and they've spent way more money on me, but I don't know if it's worth risking again. Argh.
    09-16-2012 12:55 AM
    I have seem some very iffy things about the commuter, primarily that it's poorly designed and doesn't last.

My experience with my defender has, unfortunately, been the same. I've gone through about 6 defender cases with problem after problem. Worn and torn silicone, cracks in the plastic, squeaky plastic. Their customer service has been beyond fantastic and they've spent way more money on me, but I don't know if it's worth risking again. Argh.
    Never had an issue with them, but kudos for them taking care of any issues.

I would probably consider the commuter/defender but I'm not sure I can cover the phone up. Ugh, it looks so beautiful.
    09-16-2012 12:57 AM
    the lifeproof cases aren't actually that thick.
    09-16-2012 01:44 AM
    I ha a life proof case and hated it. They aren't too thick at all, just the plastic screen killed the responsiveness of the touch screen so much. On top of at, they are only good for up to seven feet of water, and I couldn't even get the phone to respond while I was trying to take underwater photos. The only plus was that it truly did keep the water out, which was nice.

I also had the e13ctron bumpers for the 4s and had only three concerns with them. First, they made the phone feel so much taller, which could actually be an issue with the elongated iphone5. Second, they offer no protection for the screen, and third, any wear and tear on them shows, as any drops shred the paint right off. The best thing about them is that I never saw anyone one else with one, so it was kinda neat having people admire them.
    09-16-2012 12:21 PM
    I preordered a Otter Box commuter case for my iP5.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    09-16-2012 12:37 PM
    As much as I've dropped my iPhone 4 in the past week....I better order a commuter/defender.
    09-16-2012 05:55 PM
    the lifeproof cases aren't actually that thick.
    But it's a lot of case, a built in screen protector, which I'm so tired of now, and weird covers for the headset and charging jacks.

I just want the Acase. But my only option is to ship it to the states and the ship it to me, and in the end it'll cost me an extra $15 to do so. Ugh. Maybe I'll just do that.
    09-16-2012 06:34 PM
    Can we expect the usual lineup from Otterbox, Switcheasy, iSkin, etc?
    09-16-2012 09:17 PM
    Otterbox has their pre order up...along with Incipio
    09-16-2012 09:21 PM
    Yes. All the traditional case makers, plus a few new faces, will be out with iPhone 5 cases over the next few weeks. Many companies, like Otterbox, already have preorders available.
    09-16-2012 09:25 PM
    Surely.. I'm on the email wait list for the iPhone 5 speck cases.
    09-16-2012 09:37 PM
    I hope theirs another magpul case. I'm going to spend $30 on a case to use as a placeholder for a $10 case. Crazy.
    09-16-2012 09:39 PM
    Try Encase.
    09-16-2012 09:41 PM
680 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD