iPhone 5 Cases

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
What the heck, I will put it put there. I have a 4 now, and I use a Case Mate Pop case. Like the tacky side grip, like the protection it gives without it being too too bulky.

Looking for a case for my 5. I want simple yet protective. I plan on putting a clear coat screen protector on as I always do. Just trying to avoid damage from normal use and minimal drops. the Pop has performed well but for the 5 it seems to have a kick stand so not interested. I'm looking for others with input.

Thanks!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I am looking at either a Case-Mate Pop Case or a Speck Products similar case. Tough part is no one really has cases yet and I don't like going without a case for long if at all.

Looks like high quality leather cases will be a month or longer out. Zagg of course as their screen protectors ready to go now, with a couple shipping next week.

Seidio also has their Surface case with and without a kickstand feature and I was looking at that too.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No need for bumpers this time around. No need last time around, either. They were necessary to fix the "you're holding it wrong" issue from antenna-gate.

I used bumpers a lot on my 4S with no antenna gate. Gives the nude look with drop protection. And I dropped mine hard on tile. Saved my phone.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Defenfer series for me. It looks like Otterbox was also one of the few companies that got access to the iPhone 5 early... I like their new colors.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Defenfer series for me. It looks like Otterbox was also one of the few companies that got access to the iPhone 5 early... I like their new colors.

I really wish there was an orange option outside of the Camo versions...granted I am a redneck, but still...

spanishcop

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
CASES - Suggestions ????

Being that the photos leaked were pretty accurate, I'm assuming case makers got a head start...... Curious to see what people are planning to get or thinking about getting for their new iPhone 5. If you find a nice case please list it here..... I'm anxious to see what's out there.

What Case Are You Getting or Waiting To Get ?????????

Mike

DMBAdict04

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
It seems like a lot of the case makers are already have iPhone cases.

Way back when, I had an iPhone 3G with a Seidio Surface and I absolutely loved it because it didn't add bulk. I think protection was a bit minimal though.

I currently have an Otterbox (not sure which model) on my Droid X that I like but it adds a ton of bulk.

I just ordered the iPhone 5 and would really like to find the case that doesn't add bulk but offers some degree of protection. As the op stated, any suggestions?

snuffleupagus99

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to make a paper mache case for my new 5 that will be an exact replica of the millennium falcon. It won't protect well,and likely look like a 1st graders attempt at some kind of mask, but it'll be ready on the 21st

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I preordered an otterbox commuter for iPhone 5... Not sure I'll like it but will give a try. They also have the Reflex but not avail to preoder yet it seems

spanishcop

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Commuter Series

If you like Otterbox.... I used the Commuter Series for my iphone 4. It's not really that bulky but.....

I miss having the rubberized back from my old case that helps prevent accidents..... Commuter Series seems like it slips out of my hand easier and proned to drop it by accident because it's so slick on the back.

In my cruiser....... my iphone was sliding all over the place. My rubberized casemate layed where I placed it..... I may have to switch back to casemate. Here's a pic of the one I used on my iphone 4 and loved it..... though the picture shown I believe is a previous version of the iphone. It's also not bulky..... gives good protection with a lip to protect screen..... I hope they make this case available for iPhone 5.

case-mate-vroom-iphone-case.jpg

Casemate also like many other sites have hardshell cases where you can customize your own image on your case.....but I've never used that service... so I can't give feedback on quality of it.

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry5k

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711