iPhone 5 accessories

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a lot invested from the past three years in cables, chargers, cases, speakers, docks, radios, etc., all of which will probably be useless if I get the iPhone 5, especially if it has a different plug. Most of my 4 accessories fit my 4S, and even some of the ones I got for my 3GS. Now it looks like I'll be back to zero.

What kind of accessories do you think will be available on release day? I'm guessing there'll be no cheapos on Amazon, so I'll have to pay $50 for a basic case or $30 just for a bumper. (No freebie this time.) No cordless charger or battery cases. I guess there will be an adapter to buy so I can use my FM transmitters and cords. Probably won't fit on my 3' speaker dock, I'm guessing. At least I can still use all my stereo cords, although it may be awkward on the bottom.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There will be an easy to use adaptor that will be very affordable...Apple wouldn't just change the whole game up without taking this into consideration (considering how integrated the iPhone has become over the last few years).

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I knew there would be an adapter, but no adapter is going to make my cases fit, including my battery cases, my PowerMat wireless charging case, my wallet case, my Boxwave car mount case, etc. If the adapter is like the HDMI adapter there's no way, and if it's like the micro-USB adapter dongle, it might work or be too unstable for my stereo dock. The one pictured at http://www.melablog.it/post/28637/gli-adattatori-dock-e-micro-usb-per-iphone-5-e-ipad-mini might work, though. And if it's only $10, that's not bad.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If the phone is larger like all are assuming your cases wouldn't fit even if they didn't change the charging port.

snuffleupagus99

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who sees an adapter that goes from old connector to new just for stereo docks and such? Like a small spacer with the connectors on it. if you have too much invested in accessories wait until the accessories catch up to the new phone, or rock the 4 til the end of time

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I knew there would be an adapter, but no adapter is going to make my cases fit, including my battery cases, my PowerMat wireless charging case, my wallet case, my Boxwave car mount case, etc. If the adapter is like the HDMI adapter there's no way, and if it's like the micro-USB adapter dongle, it might work or be too unstable for my stereo dock. The one pictured at Gli adattatori dock e micro USB per iPhone 5 e iPad mini might work, though. And if it's only $10, that's not bad.

Anything USB related is going to be fine...as far as your case investment, obviously your SOL, and on release day, I'm guessing the only things available will be your premium line cases from perhaps Casemate and probably Apple bumpers or something along those lines.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Hated cases to the core.
Bought external battery pack. those that require a wire.
I'm upgrade-proof.
I ain't gona buy any cases to hide the beauty of my iPhone 5!
WHOS WITH ME!

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Now we know, it's not $10, but $29, and there's also a $39 one with a cable, neither available until October.

But with the cable adapter, I can still use my battery cases like external batteries by plugging the cable inside the bottom of the case, although it's less than ideal, especially since they cost me less than the adapter will. (Funny, I was just checking the new YouTube app and there was a video featured of Georgia reviewing one of my battery cases.)

p08757

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
This new dock connector is a huge negative. Now my car dock probably wont work because there won't be enough room with the phone being longer and needing a cable adapter.

Anyone have a pic of the adapter yet?

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This new dock connector is a huge negative. Now my car dock probably wont work because there won't be enough room with the phone being longer and needing a cable adapter.

Anyone have a pic of the adapter yet?

re5aryte.jpg

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

Reactions: p08757

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if the phone itself will be too long for your dock, but you should be able to use the Lightning cable with any USB charger, without an adapter. I like USB chargers, because you can charge anything with them, even electronic cigarettes, and you can get them cheap. I also bought a bunch of retractable USB-to-30-pin cables just for the car, for next to nothing.

If you do have one of those 30-pin chargers, you can also use the $39 adapter, which has a cable:
MD824

My old Boxwave car mount won't fit because it was designed to fit snugly around the 4, and I was lucky it fit the 4S, too, but my Kensington uses a clamp design which will fit anything roughly the same width. What are you using?

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Like I said, get a USB charger. Then you can just use whatever cord it comes with, and you can plug everything else in, too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW