iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
My phone is now in Lousiville KY is getting really close to Virginia! At this rate, I could very well get my phone dare I say tomorrow or Tuesday but the estimated delivery date is Thursday the 27th, but I like 90% sure it will get here before that date.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I was told by Verizon today that Oct 5 wasn't happening Oct 12 was realistically when I would actually receive my device . Ridiculous I'm just going to try my luck at the apple store tommorow just before it opens.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I was told by Verizon today that Oct 5 wasn't happening Oct 12 was realistically when I would actually receive my device . Ridiculous I'm just going to try my luck at the apple store tommorow just before it opens.

Yea I would just check apple stores daily. Most apple stores are saying they will get shipments in every day, so keep checking.

Uri Kelman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone with a Verizon ship date of Oct 5 get out of "processing" yet? (ordered from Verizon not Apple)

I hemmed and hawed about whether to ETF out of Sprint or stay so I didn't get around to ordering until the morning of the 15th.. I kick myself now.

Mine went from "Processing items" to "Preparing for Shipment" yesterday. Mine still says "Delivers Oct 5", but I bought directly from Apple.

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My phone is now in Lousiville KY is getting really close to Virginia! At this rate, I could very well get my phone dare I say tomorrow or Tuesday but the estimated delivery date is Thursday the 27th, but I like 90% sure it will get here before that date.
Same here. Mine has been in Louisville KY since 7:00 am on Sunday. I would have thought there would be some movement on Sunday, but I suppose not. I'm thinking Tuesday at the earliest.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When I woke up this morning, the status changed to shipping with a tracking link to ups. Its in china and on its way . It's way ahead of the October 5 delivery date. I should have it next week.

Then all I have to worry about is calling my carrier before turning it on and activating so I make sure I get the discounted price on my added line. Stress with that is that carrier reps didn't misrepresent that I can do it. Crossing my fingers.

This is crazy! I preordered from Apple. I tried to order at 3:00 am eastern on Sept 14. I got thru at 3:50 and was shut out of the first wave of deliveries. i was very disappointed. Delivery was supposed to be made on Oct. 5. Friday my phone was preparing for shipment. Yesterday, my phone was in Hong Kong. This morning it left Jamaica, New York. I am on Long Island soviet will be delivered probably today or the latest tomorrow. What a shipping comeback by Apple. I guess they go by the philosophy of Scotty on the original Star Trek-emphasize the impossibility of a situation and the length of time needed to complete a task and then deliver early and you will be considered a miracle worker. From an estimated delivery of October 5 to only several days behind the launch date, Awesome!!!!👐😃📱

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This is crazy! I preordered from Apple. I tried to order at 3:00 am eastern on Sept 14. I got thru at 3:50 and was shut out of the first wave of deliveries. i was very disappointed. Delivery was supposed to be made on Oct. 5. Friday my phone was preparing for shipment. Yesterday, my phone was in Hong Kong. This morning it left Jamaica, New York. I am on Long Island soviet will be delivered probably today or the latest tomorrow. What a shipping comeback by Apple. I guess they go by the philosophy of Scotty on the original Star Trek-emphasize the impossibility of a situation and the length of time needed to complete a task and then deliver early and you will be considered a miracle worker. From an estimated delivery of October 5 to only several days behind the launch date, Awesome!!!!👐😃📱

Correction: I am even more upset and disappointed than before.😡📱 I called UPS to get a more detailed status update because the web page did not include an actual delivery date. UPS explained that my phone landed in JFK and was headed to Louisville, Ky. It was 10 miles from my house but has to go to Ky to clear customs. The rep. Indicated that the estimated delivery date is Oct 1, next Monday. A week away. What a waste of resources by Ups. For those of you wondering why it seems your package has languished in Louisville, the reason is that it can take several days for international packages to clear customs. 👎

My hopes have been crushed like a grape. 😡
I explained to the rep That the UPS website was very misleading and at the least there should be something on there about the shipping process so customers would not be upset. I would have been better off if I never saw the website at all. LOL.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Mine has been in Louisville KY since 7:00 am on Sunday. I would have thought there would be some movement on Sunday, but I suppose not. I'm thinking Tuesday at the earliest.

For those of you wondering why it seems your package has languished in Louisville, the reason is that it can take several days for international packages to clear customs.

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
For those of you wondering why it seems your package has languished in Louisville, the reason is that it can take several days for international packages to clear customs.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for that piece of info!

Edit: Wait, shouldn't it have gone through customs in Alaska? Instead of Kentucky? I would think that when it arrives in Kentucky it should have already been through customs.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
WOW so that's why my phone is still in Lousiville KY, that is so dumb to have it make it all the way to KY and THEN have to wait for it to clear US customs! So I might not even get my phone this week at all then????? The estimated date was the 27th, Thursday but not with this customs thing who knows, it could be next week (which I dredd). So close to VA yet so far away lol. UGH

---------- Post Merged at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for that piece of info!

Edit: Wait, shouldn't it have gone through customs in Alaska? Instead of Kentucky? I would think that when it arrives in Kentucky it should have already been through customs.

Thats what I was thinking, why the heck would it have to go through customs in KY? Why didn't they just do this in Alaska or something. I hope they didn't push my delivery date back to October 1st. I really had my hopes up for it to come this week at least by the 27th like the estimated delivery date says.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Correction: I am even more upset and disappointed than before.���� I called UPS to get a more detailed status update because the web page did not include an actual delivery date. UPS explained that my phone landed in JFK and was headed to Louisville, Ky. It was 10 miles from my house but has to go to Ky to clear customs. The rep. Indicated that the estimated delivery date is Oct 1, next Monday. A week away. What a waste of resources by Ups. For those of you wondering why it seems your package has languished in Louisville, the reason is that it can take several days for international packages to clear customs. ��

My hopes have been crushed like a grape. ��
I explained to the rep That the UPS website was very misleading and at the least there should be something on there about the shipping process so customers would not be upset. I would have been better off if I never saw the website at all. LOL.

Wait did your phone start out in China and then went on to Alaska or did it go some place else? My phone started in China Zhu something, then Hong Kong, then Alaska, and now Louisville KY and I live in VA. You said your phone went to JFK (which has US customs checks) and is being sent to Lousiville KY from NYC and you live in NYC. This doesn't make sense at all something is fishy. I almost feel like we are being scammed.

---------- Post Merged at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:45 PM ----------

I just received the shipping notice from Verizon, it looks like our phone's will be here tomorrow!

Did Verizon phones have to come from China too or were the shipped from some place in the US?

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I just did a online chat with a UPS support person, and they told me that the estimated date that apple gave me in the email is unlikely (apple said I would get it on the 27th). They told me that I wouldn't get a official delivery date from UPS until WEDNESDAY. What the HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The phone leaves China, heads to Alaska, makes it all the way to Louisville KY only to be held there for days to be check by US customs. How stupid is that???!!! Why in the world didn't they do that in Alaska or something. This is BS, I will never pre order from apple or any store for an iphone again. I would rather just camp out than have to deal with all this crap.

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine just updated for an "import scan" in Kentucky. Maybe that means it's through customs?

Louisville, KY, United States 09/24/2012 10:15 A.M. Import Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 09/23/2012 7:00 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 09/22/2012 8:23 P.M. Departure Scan
09/22/2012 4:08 P.M. Arrival Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 09/23/2012 12:29 A.M. Departure Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 09/22/2012 3:11 P.M. Arrival Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/22/2012 12:10 P.M. Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/21/2012 10:20 P.M. Arrival Scan
09/21/2012 10:00 P.M. Departure Scan
09/21/2012 3:13 P.M. Origin Scan
China 09/21/2012 10:14 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine just updated for an "import scan" in Kentucky. Maybe that means it's through customs?

Louisville, KY, United States 09/24/2012 10:15 A.M. Import Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 09/23/2012 7:00 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 09/22/2012 8:23 P.M. Departure Scan
09/22/2012 4:08 P.M. Arrival Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 09/23/2012 12:29 A.M. Departure Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 09/22/2012 3:11 P.M. Arrival Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/22/2012 12:10 P.M. Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/21/2012 10:20 P.M. Arrival Scan
09/21/2012 10:00 P.M. Departure Scan
09/21/2012 3:13 P.M. Origin Scan
China 09/21/2012 10:14 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Yea maybe yours went through. Mine still has not changed since Sunday morning ugh.

theogt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke to UPS online support and they said that my iPhone is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow!

Sweetness.

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Yea maybe yours went through. Mine still has not changed since Sunday morning ugh.
If you're already in Kentucky, I don't see any way it takes until Oct. 1.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke to UPS online support and they said that my iPhone is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow!

Sweetness.

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:45 AM ----------

If you're already in Kentucky, I don't see any way it takes until Oct. 1.

I live in VA. I will continue to check today and hopefully it will change like your to imported or something to give me hope!!! Because my phone has the excat some shipping progresss up unil the imported status. Congrats though.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine now has the import status as well. Maybe it will come sooner than I thought.

Edit just found out what import scan meant from the ups website.

"Import Scan
This scan is an electronic record indicating the shipment has cleared import procedures in the receiving country."

So that means it has indeed cleared customs!!!!!!! Hopefully, I will get my phone tomorrow as well!! (By the way where do you live THEOGT if you don't mind me asking?)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro