iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

dougef2

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine just changed to shipped this morning (from Apple). Has no delivery date. UPS shows origin scan China 9/22 also no estimated delivery. Originally my est delivery was Oct 5. Any idea when I should expect it now?

And - so far no email from Apple that it shipped.

Just got the email - scheduled delivery 9/28. One week early!
How accurate are these dates?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
That happened to me last year. I kept calling them until about past midnight and they kept yelling me that they could still be finishing up deliveries. Then around 1ish it was scanned heading back to the sender. You better talk to the supervisors and have them either deliver it tomorrow or have it held in a local hub...

I called back later and they told me it was still out for delivery. I kindly pointed out the fact that it was scheduled for business delivery (before 5pm) and there was a reason for that. My work isn't open at 9pm....

So I got the usual apology and told it would be Monday. Jackass UPS

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I was in the 2 weeks deliver, delivered October 5 group (ordered 90 minutes after they went online for ordering). I just got an email that it has shipped and will be delivered next Friday, Sep. 28!!

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I called back later and they told me it was still out for delivery. I kindly pointed out the fact that it was scheduled for business delivery (before 5pm) and there was a reason for that. My work isn't open at 9pm....

So I got the usual apology and told it would be Monday. Jackass UPS

Can you drive to their shipping facility to pick it up? If it's going to be sitting around there till Monday...

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke to the Apple Store customer support. There is an iphone associated with my order. It should go out later today and will be shipped via Express delivery so i should receive it by early or middle of next week.Cool! Any time earlier than October 5 is a winfall at this point!

Redshirt, by your avatar, I should wish that you live longer and prosper (and enjoy your new iphone). Thanks, again.

When I woke up this morning, the status changed to shipping with a tracking link to ups. Its in china and on its way . It's way ahead of the October 5 delivery date. I should have it next week.

Then all I have to worry about is calling my carrier before turning it on and activating so I make sure I get the discounted price on my added line. Stress with that is that carrier reps didn't misrepresent that I can do it. Crossing my fingers.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I was also in the original October 5th delivery date group. But early yesterday morning, I got an email saying my phone had shipped from China and it should be at my house this Thursday the 27th! Currently, my phone is in Alaska ( I live in Virginia) , so I am pretty sure I will get it by Thursday now that its officially in the United States now. Can't Wait!!!

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was also in the original October 5th delivery date group. But early yesterday morning, I got an email saying my phone had shipped from China and it should be at my house this Thursday the 27th! Currently, my phone is in Alaska ( I live in Virginia) , so I am pretty sure I will get it by Thursday now that its officially in the United States now. Can't Wait!!!

Unfortunately, I didn't get a notice of shipped until today and according to ups website as of now it is still in china and has not moved. Weird timeline that it was actually scanned in a city of china yesterday but today it is "order processed: ready for ups". It makes no sense. In addition, mine is being shipped worldwide expedited which according to the website means delivery in 4 to 5 business days. An apple rep yesterday said it would come by another method which would arrive sooner. I guess based on the first wave of shipments, and the explanation of the shipping method, it should be a week and probably will receive it next Friday.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I didn't get a notice of shipped until today and according to ups website as of now it is still in china and has not moved. Weird timeline that it was actually scanned in a city of china yesterday but today it is "order processed: ready for ups". It makes no sense. In addition, mine is being shipped worldwide expedited which according to the website means delivery in 4 to 5 business days. An apple rep yesterday said it would come by another method which would arrive sooner. I guess based on the first wave of shipments, and the explanation of the shipping method, it should be a week and probably will receive it next Friday.

Wow that sucks, I have been tracking my phone ever since I got the email and it has been moving pretty fast, I mean just this morning it was in Hong Kong and now its in Alaska. Wonder what's taking so long with your phone's shipping? When did you pre order? I pre ordered on the 14th around 10am EST.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I just checked again and my phone just got the departure scan from Alaska. This thing is really moving, who knows I might get it earlier than Thursday if it keeps moving like this!

Last edited:

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow that sucks, I have been tracking my phone ever since I got the email and it has been moving pretty fast, I mean just this morning it was in Hong Kong and now its in Alaska. Wonder what's taking so long with your phone's shipping? When did you pre order? I pre ordered on the 14th around 10am EST.

You are lucky. I ordered mine approx 3:50 am preorder.

Uri Kelman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 5 is set to deliver on October 5. Just changed status today from "Processing items" to "Preparing for Shipment". Who knows, maybe my phone will come earlier than Oct 5. I sure hope so. I can't wait to get my hand on it. :D

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Your shipping notice should have a delivery date on it - down near the bottom. There are always a handful of exceptions, but with even with shipping MILLIONS of phones, The dates are very accurate. Pretty amazing on the part of Apple and the carriers, really.

I was in the ships-in-two-weeks, delivers Oct 5 group, and mine has just shipped from China as well. Delivery Sep 28. Seems like they were cautious on how quickly they could fultill second wave of pre-orders. Better to say Oct 5 then beat it, than to promise a date they may not deliver.

Shipping emails from ANY vendor come when the vendor creates a label and tracking number, but it can still be up to a day before your package goes out the door. They get them ready, but they are picked up by shipper once or twice a day. That's why it may not have gone anywhere yet. That is normal.

Let the tracking path be entertaining, but don't worry about what every step could mean - or all the crazy places it may go on its way to you. Don't worry.. . . you can count on things to go they way Apple tells you they will!

BrennB

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone with a Verizon ship date of Oct 5 get out of "processing" yet? (ordered from Verizon not Apple)

I hemmed and hawed about whether to ETF out of Sprint or stay so I didn't get around to ordering until the morning of the 15th.. I kick myself now.

teepee4

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 32 GB, White, 90 minutes after orders opened.. Got 2 week delivery, but 3 week delivery date,,,
Late Thursday, PDT, moved to "Preparing For Shipment"... Nothing since......
UPDATE: Got an e-mail that iP5 had shipped [appears to have left the factory and at the ZhengZhou, China airport]... From what I can tell it will now proceed to Hong Kong and take a UPS flight to Anchorage.. From there a flight to LAX or San Diego, for a San Diego delivery...
Delivery is currently shown as 09/28, missing a hoped for 09/21, but beating an original 10/05...
I also ordered a Lightning cord and that is currently in Anchorage [FedEx] and sked for 09/27....
I also ordered an adapter 30Pin to 8Pin.. No word on that yet other than "October"...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73