iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

lbtriguy

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So I guess if I was really impatient (my fedex shipment says monday delivery :**( ) then I guess I could go to a store, theoretically if they had one for me, and cancel my other order?

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Got mine right before noon!! even though it said by 4:30 which is weird because they usually don't come around my house at 6PM

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So I guess if I was really impatient (my fedex shipment says monday delivery :**( ) then I guess I could go to a store, theoretically if they had one for me, and cancel my other order?

Not sure if it's too close to shipment to cancel. Maybe if it was one of the October 5'th ones. However, might be a moot point. My guess is that stocks in the stores are pretty much gone by now.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Photo of my iPhone 5.
iphones.jpg

From here.

lbtriguy

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it's too close to shipment to cancel. Maybe if it was one of the October 5'th ones. However, might be a moot point. My guess is that stocks in the stores are pretty much gone by now.

Yeah usually I'm impatient, but I think I can wait it out, I'm sure I'll just mess something up on the account knowing verizon. Maybe I'll get lucky and it shows up tomorrow.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What does preparing for shipment mean?

Hi everyone:

I have been disappointed in that I had finally gotten thru to preorder my iphone5 at 2:55 am eastern the moring preorders were taken but missed the cutoff for the first wave of shipments. My phone was scehduled to be delivered on October 5.

However, I just checked my order status and it indicated "PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT."

What does that mean? Can I get my hopes up that I will receive my phone before October 5? Is there a phone in stock for me now? etc.

Thanks.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone:

I have been disappointed in that I had finally gotten thru to preorder my iphone5 at 2:55 am eastern the moring preorders were taken but missed the cutoff for the first wave of shipments. My phone was scehduled to be delivered on October 5.

However, I just checked my order status and it indicated "PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT."

What does that mean? Can I get my hopes up that I will receive my phone before October 5? Is there a phone in stock for me now? etc.

Thanks.

Do the UPS tracking to see if it's at UPS yet. UPS.COM, tracking, Track by Reference. Shipping Reference = your Apple account phone number (was my home phone, no dashes), Destination Country = your country, destination zip = the shipping zip.

Mine showed Preparing for Shipment up to 9/19, but was shipped from China 9/16 and had tracking at UPS.COM all that time.

(edit: assumes that you are getting it UPS of course, Fedex might have something similar, but I didn't pay attention since mine's coming UPS)

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
mine is still out for delivery still sitting on my lawn in my chair two ups trucks have driven by i think they are playing with me how can you deliver packages to the house 4 doors down and not have mine whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat give me my phone i am not gonna bake in this 94 degree heat dude

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do the UPS tracking to see if it's at UPS yet. UPS.COM, tracking, Track by Reference. Shipping Reference = your Apple account phone number (was my home phone, no dashes), Destination Country = your country, destination zip = the shipping zip.

Mine showed Preparing for Shipment up to 9/19, but was shipped from China 9/16 and had tracking at UPS.COM all that time.

(edit: assumes that you are getting it UPS of course, Fedex might have something similar, but I didn't pay attention since mine's coming UPS)

Thank you for your response. The more immediate question though is does this mean that an actual phone has been associated with my order and is being taken off the shelf?

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your response. The more immediate question though is does this mean that an actual phone has been associated with my order and is being taken off the shelf?

That would be my assumption. All I can say is when I saw the Preparing message, there was a phone heading to my address on UPS.COM...

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
My device is on the FedEx truck for delivery. I have to wait one more day to get it though! iPhone was sent to my house in Los Angeles... parents are shipping it to me in college overnight

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That would be my assumption. All I can say is when I saw the Preparing message, there was a phone heading to my address on UPS.COM...

I just spoke to the Apple Store customer support. There is an iphone associated with my order. It should go out later today and will be shipped via Express delivery so i should receive it by early or middle of next week.Cool! Any time earlier than October 5 is a winfall at this point!

Redshirt, by your avatar, I should wish that you live longer and prosper (and enjoy your new iphone). Thanks, again.

Kryznic

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
OMG!!!!!!!! Still waiting!! I am afraid to walk the dog, or go to the bathroom or take a nap! I have my front door open just so there is no way I can miss the delivery. Any other delivery comes early in the morning!

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
C'mon UPS man. Need to see Delivered so I can head to my mailbox at the UPS store to pick it up (although I think I will go camp out in front shortly).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2