iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

JSho101

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Also, I'm pretty sure they can't / won't charge your CC until the item has shipped. So if you're seeing a CC charge that has actually gone thru (not just pending) then that should mean your phone has shipped. Maybe I'm not correct in thinking that though.

HarleyCurve

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
is this for pre-orders placed with AT&T or Apple.com? Or both????

I wonder if at&t all of a sudden decided to not block facetime over cellular, and thus apple had to reflash all the at&t iphone 5's... wishful thinking I guess... ;)
I pre-order from At&T.

I spoke with Apple and they told me that they have not pulled any of AT&T pre-orders. He even put me on hold and made few calls to confirm with upper sales management. Said it sounds like AT&T did not order enough in advance and was trying to make Apple look like the bad guys.

They have opened a case will discuss the issue with AT&T and get back to me tomorrow.

HarleyCurve

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Also, I'm pretty sure they can't / won't charge your CC until the item has shipped. So if you're seeing a CC charge that has actually gone thru (not just pending) then that should mean your phone has shipped. Maybe I'm not correct in thinking that though.
The pending status on your cc takes away from your available balance and with AT&T 3 weeks away from my current ship date that means I could exceed my limit due to having a low limit on the card.

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well my order has changed to: Your order has been sent for processing. I guess that's a good thing! But my expected ship date that was 9/21 now has nothing next to it! Hopefully that changes tomorrow! Still no tracking number though...

joekawasaki

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Well my order has changed to: Your order has been sent for processing. I guess that's a good thing! But my expected ship date that was 9/21 now has nothing next to it! Hopefully that changes tomorrow! Still no tracking number though...

Mine is the same way. Ordered from vzw @ 5:45am on 9/14.

jpayne80

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The pending status on your cc takes away from your available balance and with AT&T 3 weeks away from my current ship date that means I could exceed my limit due to having a low limit on the card.

How would that be any different if the phone was available to ship now, lol? But if it's just an authorization, it won't hang out there for 3 weeks. Most banks release that after 3-5 days.

HarleyCurve

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Verizon site is even guaranteeing if I order today I will have by October 5th. AT$T is saying my order wil be ready to ship between the 4th to the 15th. They then said something about having 21 days to ship. That's when I hung up in fustration.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I pre-order from At&T.

I spoke with Apple and they told me that they have not pulled any of AT&T pre-orders. He even put me on hold and made few calls to confirm with upper sales management. Said it sounds like AT&T did not order enough in advance and was trying to make Apple look like the bad guys.

They have opened a case will discuss the issue with AT&T and get back to me tomorrow.

I think AT&T did mess up cause they were taking preorders for 9/21 hours after Apple changed theirs to 1-2 week delivery. Now AT&T has x amount of customers thinking they're getting it on release date and AT&T can probably fulfill a fifth of that amount , hence they're blaming it on Apple.

HarleyCurve

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
How would that be any different if the phone was available to ship now, lol? But if it's just an authorization, it won't hang out there for 3 weeks. Most banks release that after 3-5 days.
They have put a hold on my cc for the $236. Which means that I have that much less available to charge. And my billing cycle will end before they actually charge the card.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

A hold usually falls off in about 3 business days, which is prior to the device shipping ;)

rough1200

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
FedEX picked up the phone I ordered 9am today and the tracking system showes it at my local FedEX sorting facility at 8:30 pm. It should be in my grubby little hands by Thursday worst case. FedEx delivered the Otterbox and screen protectors today. I placed the order for both phone and accessories 3:30am Friday.

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
FedEX picked up the phone I ordered 9am today and the tracking system showes it at my local FedEX sorting facility at 8:30 pm. It should be in my grubby little hands by Thursday worst case. FedEx delivered the Otterbox and screen protectors today. I placed the order for both phone and accessories 3:30am Friday.

It will likely have a hold on it an not delivered till Friday ;). Don't be surprised if that's the case.

Chase S

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm doing my best as well to get FedEx to agree to let me pick it up at my local sorting facility. At the moment, I'm fighting an uphill battle.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
They have put a hold on my cc for the $236. Which means that I have that much less available to charge. And my billing cycle will end before they actually charge the card.

A hold will impact your available credit but not your balance so you won't accrue interest on a hold.

rough1200

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It will likely have a hold on it an not delivered till Friday ;). Don't be surprised if that's the case.
The E-mail says it was shipped two day delivery, that's the reason i said hopefully Thursday at the latest. I would not be too shocked if it was delivered Thursday because i recieved the Galaxy s 3 two days early.

glory1052

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Go to the UPS site and on the Tracking Tab.......click on Track by Reference. In the Reference box....type your phone number. It will give you your tracking number and tell you where your phone is right now.

Mine has been sitting in Louisville Ky since 12:07 am this morning!

Thank you for the information. I followed your direction and found that my order has been shipped and is sitting in Louisville too! I was feeling kinda sad reading about others getting their tracking... wondering why I stayed up until the wee hours so I could be getting mine in the first wave. Yippee!!! I feel great again. Thanks so much for sharing. I am a total newbie here for posting but I have been stalking for awhile.

FYI: Ordered from Apple at 2:10am central time. My order status still reads "Preparing for Shipment". My credit card was charged 9/15. I have not received any info from Apple regarding shipping/tracking as of this writing.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the information. I followed your direction and low and behold mine is in Louisville too! I was feeling kinda sad reading about others getting their tracking... wondering why I stayed up until the wee hours so I could be getting mine in the first wave. Yippee!!! I feel great again. Thanks so much for sharing. I am a total newbie here for posting but I have been stalking for awhile.

My tracking information didn't update until this morning around 8am, and then it showed a departure and arrival that wasn't there late last night. So it may have left Louisville already, I'm hoping mine did.

jpayne80

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing my best as well to get FedEx to agree to let me pick it up at my local sorting facility. At the moment, I'm fighting an uphill battle.

I'm going to at least try as well, because even though the final facility prior to delivery is 30 mins away, I'm in that town on Thursdays. However, my hopes aren't too high because I've tried that in the past and gotten a snicker and "we'd have to dig through a truck to find one box.". Fair enough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner