iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
AT&T represantives are being told by upper management that if anyone asks about their iPhone 5 that they ordered from att.com, to respond " They will start SHIPPING on 9/21" They are told to apologize for any misinformation caused by the initial email , promising a 9/21 DELIVERY.
I dont know wth is going on at their HQ, but I am starting to give up on a release date delivery as by now we should have seen some kind of tracking info, instead of just a "Processing" .

It's too early to give up on a release day delivery and by too early I mean 2 days too early...give up on Thursday :)

For the iPhone 4 here's how mine went:
- ordered on June 15th ( the day they were available for pre-order )
- received an email confirmation on June 16th saying it was received and being processed
- received an email on the 23rd that it had shipped
- the phone officially released on the 24th ( I received it on the 23rd, it had actually shipped on the 22nd and they just hadn't emailed or updated their system ).

There's still hope. :)

gary.l.fletcher

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Ordered at 0331 EST on the 14th, card was charged the same day, order shows preparing for shipping but I still get nothing when I try to track it on UPS and FEDEX using the methods mentioned before. Ordered through apple.com and still shows a 9/21 delivery. Oh well, try again tomorrow.

G8trMom09

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It's too early to give up on a release day delivery and by too early I mean 2 days too early...give up on Thursday :)

- received an email confirmation on June 16th saying it was received and being processed
- the phone officially released on the 24th ( I received it on the 23rd, it had actually shipped on the 22nd and they just hadn't emailed or updated their system ).

I'm getting the same garbage when I reach someone, though, too. And their stories keep changing. It's time for me to just step back and let it come whenever it does. (And think about switching carriers.)

Merrillane

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke with Verizon and the customer Svc rep told me that within the next 48 hours I should get my tracking number. She said once I have my tracking number I can call in, give them my tracking number and they can research it and possibly expedite it for me! She was very sweet.

Turtle615

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I still have not received any tracking info. Do you think it is because i am located in Nashville, TN so it will update on the last day possible?

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

AT&T pulls it close but usually delivers on release date. Everyone freaked out with the Galaxy S3 preorders but att shipped the day before and overnighted them all to arrive on release day.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
What did you do to finally get it to work? I've used my home number and all three numbers in our family plan, but it isn't accepting any of them.

Strange enough, I copy and pasted the number from my apple order and it worked... But I typed in that number a million times before and it didn't work, and I'm positive I typed it in correctly

first_mvp

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Strange enough, I copy and pasted the number from my apple order and it worked... But I typed in that number a million times before and it didn't work, and I'm positive I typed it in correctly

You probably did type it correctly, the difference was that the UPS database didn't have your record ready.

Carsten23

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Just a question does anyone know if you have to sign for UPS when getting the phone? I don't see anywhere on my tracking page that someone has to sign for it...

rstand

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Pickup at Fedex

Has anyone CONFIRMED with Fedex, the ability to pickup tomorrow when the package arrives at the local distribution facility?

iUSERNAME

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Just a question does anyone know if you have to sign for UPS when getting the phone? I don't see anywhere on my tracking page that someone has to sign for it...

Yes, you will have to sign for it or they will not drop it off. You might want to put a note on your door if you will not be home saying it is okay to leave it at the door. Make sure you sign the note.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Man the hysteria doesn't change. It's the same stuff as last year. People worried about shipping numbers and calling their carriers all crazy lol. Each year preorder tracking numbers come out way after the device actually ships. When I remember when I ordered the 3GS and I got the tracking info like 2 days before I received but when I looked at the site, it had history for 3 more days prior that showed when it left china. I didn't get tracking until it was in Kentucky. This is normal behavior for these preorders. Where talking millions of devices in a short period of time coming from around the globe. I have full faith that if apple says delivers 9/21 them that's when you'll get it and you should too ;). Now as for carriers I can't speak for them but they usually err on the side of caution.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone CONFIRMED with Fedex, the ability to pickup tomorrow when the package arrives at the local distribution facility?

They aren't going to allow this. Most of the time they attempt to deliver once anyway and even for this device they got instructions to deliver on 9/21. So if someone actually pulls it off it'll be because someone at FedEx wasn't doing their job.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2